Sony upgraded its Mylo to COM-2, Available in black or white, with a back-lit, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, this wireless broadband device connects to open Wi-Fi networks. It does not require a monthly service contract, and as an added bonus, the new COM-2 mylo communicator devices will receive free access to participating Wayport hotspot locations in the U.S. including more than 9,000 McDonald’s locations until Dec. 31, 2010.
Sony Mylo COM-2 also has:
- Enhanced web browsing.
- 1.3 megapixel camera .
- Skype-to-Skype voice calls.
- Widgets - Google search, MyContacts, YouTube, Facebook Notifer
- Instant messaging AOL & Yahoo
- Video viewable on a 3.5-inch screen has a resolution of 800 by 400 pixels.
- Hotspot location database from JiWire for the top 20 U.S. cities.
- 1GB of internal memory - up to 8GB of additional storage with Memory Stick Duo media.
The Sony Mylo COM-2 personal communicator sells for $299.99.
The Mylo communicator uses a lithium-ion battery that offers up to 20
hours of music playback, six hours of continuous Skype talk time, and
up to seven hours of video playback. It comes equipped with a
microphone, stereo headphones, USB cable, a stylus and a neoprene case.
You can personalize the device with attachable face plates, which are
sold in two packs — red with gold or blue with pewter.formation is
available online at www.sony.com/mylo.