Verizon Wireless and Samsung announced that the Samsung Knack is available for order online at www.verizonwireless.com, in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, On Oct. 14 the phone will be in stores for purchase. The Knack is a slim flip phone with an ergonomic design that is perfect for customers who want a handset with simple features and functionality.
The Knackhas a 2.2-inch internal screen with large text and number fonts, a simplified user interface and messaging communication. A large keypad with distinctive tactile contrast allows customers to easily find the correct number on the Knack’s dial pad.
The phone also comes with dedicated keys for quick access to Emergency 911 (E911), speakerphone, voice mail, voice commands and In Case of Emergency (ICE). Customers can program the ICE button with three personalized contacts that first responders can easily find in the event of an emergency.
The phone appears to be geared towards seniors, because their release says, “The Knack is the perfect phone to pair with Verizon Wireless’ Nationwide 65 Plus calling plans. The plans begin at $29.99 monthly access and include unlimited IN calling to 68.7 million Verizon Wireless customers, long distance, night and weekend allowances, and no domestic or roaming charges.”
Additional features of the Knack include:
- Directional navigation key for ease-of-use
- Easy-to-use menu with adjustable font size feature
- Advanced speech recognition
- Text messaging
- Hearing aid compatibility = M4/T4
- 32-note polyphonic ringtones
- Any key answer
- Bilingual user interface (English and Spanish)
- Personal organizer: calculator, calendar, alarm clock, world clock, stop watch and notepad
- Directional microphone
- Dimensions: 3.78” x 2.01” x .74”
- Weight: 3.63 ounces
- Display: 176 x 220 pixel, 65K TFT, Color internal; 96 x 96 pixel, 4-grey external
- Usage time: up to 270 minutes OR
- Standby time: up to 336 hours
The Samsung Knack is available for $39.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, customers can visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.