Those of you who have been unable to get a hold of a BlackBerry Storm at any price, don't cry in your turkey gravy. Word is out from Boy Genius that there will be software updates send over the air to fix "issues' with the operating system that shipped with the BlackBerry Storm. Verizon sent memos to store personnel to give "temporary fixes" so that they don't have to take the Storms back and exchange them. Readers should note that Verizon has a thirty-day return policy, after that early termination fees apply.
The first software update due out in the next week, will fix these problems:
If a caller is listening to music and a call comes in, the volume increases.
Temporary fix is to lower the volume.
Voice activated dialing may cause incoming audio to be muted.
Temporary fix -Enter the menu and select "Activate Handset or Speaker."
BlackBerry Storm resets itself during multimedia applications or while idle, has no temporary fix.
Problems Fixed by Another Update
Intermittent loss of email connectivity via CDMA
and/or international roaming modes.
Temporary Fix Main
menu -> Manage Connections -> Select mobile network -> Turn
radio off, then Turn radio on. If that doesn't work pull
When turning on the Storm, sometimes the radio sometimes does not turn on.
Temporary Fix Main menu -> Manage Connections ->
Select mobile network -> Turn radio on. If this does not resolve the
issue, pull the battery.
Someimes pressing the send key while the BlackBerry is landscape mode will
open the phone application in portrait mode and the speed dial
function may not work.
Temporary Fix Press escape
until the home screen appears, then press the send key with the handset
in portrait orientation.
Other times pressing characters on the virtual keyboard doesn't work.
Temporary Fix Re-select the character.
As far as we can tell Verizon and RIM have not publicly said anything about these glitches. We recommended earlier to be sure to update BlackBerry Storm software when you purchase a unit.
As we noted yesterday, Verizon is now selling smartphones that were $300 last year, for as little as $79, yes they have fewer features, but they have had time to work out the bugs. Meanwhile Wirefly offers many touchscreen phones for free with a contract. Let's Talk also offers
More BlackBerry Storm Articles:
- CrackBerry Cracks BlackBerry Storm OS Update.
- First Accelerometer Game for BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm New OS Worth Waiting For.
- New BlackBerry Storm Review of Reviews V.2.
- BlackBerry Storm Bug Fixes Soon.
- BlackBerry Storm - Thunder Storm Advisories.
- BlackBerry Storm Sales Strong, Prices Up, Shortage Continues.
- BlackBerry Storm Power Features Updated.
- Best, Cheapest, Price, BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm vs iPhone Debate Comic.
- BlackBerry Storm Shortage?
- BlackBerry Storm Long Line Report.
- BlackBerry Storm Wins Speed Tests.
- BlackBerry Storm's Missing Links to iPhone.
- BlackBerry Storm Danger Warnings - Do's and Don't's.
- Update BlackBerry Storm Software First.
- BlackBerry Storm has 10 More Power Features than iPhone.
- BlackBerry Storm Must-Have Accessories Add-Ons
- BlackBerry Storm Review of Reviews.
- BlackBerry Storm Two Months Free Service Offered.
- BlackBerry Storm $599 at Best Buy.
- Text of BlackBerry Storm Mad Genius commercial.
- BlackBerry Storm official launch date and price.
- BlackBerry Storm international, data and roaming rates.