Palm showcased it's latest touchscreen smartphone that charges without a cable comes with 8 gigabytes of storage, GPSs, Wi-Fi and a slide-out keyboard the Plam Pre
"Our intention was never to build an iPhone killer but to build a killer Palm product," Palm executive chairman Jon Rubinstein said in an interview at CES.
The Palm Pre has these features:
- 320x480 resolution 3.1 inch display
- Touchscreen that works below the display.
- Ambient light sensor.
- 3.0 megapixel camera with LED flash.
- Removable battery.
- Connected calendars and contacts.
- Ability to use multiple application at the same time.
- Notifications bar.
- Web connected apps.
- Universal search.
- Combined messaging.
The web browser is Palm-developed, but based on the WebKit engine. The Palm Pre is not a world phone .
The Palm Pre is Linux-based and won't run applications written for the original Palm OS. Sprint will be the exclusive seller of the Palm Pre.