The security flaw with PDF files and attachment services on BlackBerry enterprise services has been fixed by RIM. If you still want to keep your BlackBerry tell your IT staff to update and upgrade either the BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software.
vulnerabilities were found in the PDF distiller of some released versions of
the BlackBerry Attachment Service. These vulnerabilities could enable a
malicious individual to send an email message containing a specially
crafted PDF file, which when opened for viewing on a BlackBerry
smartphone, could cause memory corruption and possibly lead to
arbitrary code execution on the computer that hosts the BlackBerry
To Download and install Interim
Security Update 2 for the software version that you are running.
Visit http://www.blackberry.com/go/serverdownloads to obtain Interim Security Update 2 for affected BlackBerry Enterprise Server software versions.
For BlackBerry Professional Software<
>Visit http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/#tab_professional to obtain Interim Security Update 2 for affected BlackBerry Professional Software versions.
More BlackBerry and Obama Stories from Wireless and Mobile News
- Super Firewall for Barack Obama's BlackBerry?
- Obama Only Human Named in Wireless and Mobile News Top Stories of 2008.
- Verizon Employees Hack Obama's Cell Phone Records.
- Barack's BlackBerry Comical Answer. Obama BlackBerry Comic.
- Obama's BlackBerry Banned from White House?
- US Mobile phone web surfers are much more likely to support Democrat presidential
candidate Barack Obama.
- There is an Obama iPhone application.
- Nielsen Mobile reported that mobile media was slightly more popular with Democrats than Republicans, as of Q2 2008.
- Pew Research noticed that election polls are landline biased.
- Nielsen Mobile estimates that 2.9 million US mobile subscribers
received a text message from the Obama campaign announcing his running mate.
- The Obama website offers free ringtones.
- Obama won the Virgin Wireless election poll and the CTIA Wireless election poll.