Funambol, is now offering mobile cloud sync and push email for the BlackBerry Storm. We've been waiting to name this our BlackBerry Storm App of the Day for a while because it syncs contacts with all sorts of email and calendaring services.
The Funambol BlackBerry Storm sync client enables users to keep their contacts, calendars, tasks and notes in sync between the BlackBerry Storm, a Funambol server, and email systems and desktop apps including Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and Hotmail as well as Outlook and Thunderbird.
The Funambol BlackBerry Storm push email client lets users get free push email on their handset from popular email systems. BlackBerry Storm users can get the software for free by signing up for an account on the myFUNAMBOL Portal at http://my.funambol.com.
"The BlackBerry Storm touchscreen handset, like iPhone and Android, raises the bar for smartphone manufacturers," said Fabrizio Capobianco, Funambol CEO. "At the same time, users increasingly expect to seamlessly access their contacts, calendars, email, and more, on their phone, the web and desktops. We are excited that Funambol now enables BlackBerry Storm users to access this information, anytime, anywhere."
The Funambol BlackBerry Storm sync and push email clients enable users to sync contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and email with a Funambol server, including myFUNAMBOL. The Funambol server can sync with Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL Mail and Hotmail, and desktop apps such as Outlook and Thunderbird.
Funambol also lets you sync Outlook with an iPhone or iPod Touch. myFUNAMBOl supports many of the most popular BlackBerry smartphones including the BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, and others. The app does use data, therefore data charges will be charged by your carrier..
The sync client is part of the latest Funambol monthly phone pack that is in Funambol's commercial Carrier Edition software and that has been deployed on myFUNAMBOL. This phone pack also includes the latest Funambol Symbian sync client that supports new Nokia phones, enabling users to keep PIM data in sync between their phones, the web and desktops.
The Funambol cloud syncing and push email are viable options instead ot BlackBerry Insternet Service and or Gmail's BlackBerry Mobile client software. It is especially useful if you have contacts, calendar, tasks and events from mutiple web sources.
The messenger app is integrated with the BlackBerry address book; if you have email addresses in it, you can use them in the Messenger app to send email. The trick is how do you get email addresses into your BlackBerry address book, without manually entering them, and keep them in sync? When you receive email from someone in the Messenger app, there is a menu option to 'Add contact' that allows you to add a contact and their email address to your address book, but it is a manual process. This can be a inconvenience for users to add their contacts email addresses and keep them up-to-date. Steger suggests that Funambol is an easier way to deal with the contacts.
Funambol provides two free apps for BlackBerry devices, one for syncing, the other for push email, both of which are automatically installed and configured for users over-the-air on their phones when they sign up for a free account on the myFUNAMBOL Portal.
The Funambol BlackBerry sync client keeps contacts, calendar events, tasks and notes (PIM data) in sync with a Funambol Server (e.g. the myFUNAMBOL Portal) with the corresponding native apps on a BlackBerry. This PIM data can be from Outlook as well as webmail services e.g. Yahoo!, Google or AOL contacts or calendars.
The Funambol BlackBerry push email client enables users to get push email from webmail as well as POP/IMAP. It has an integrated list of email addresses from Outlook, Yahoo!, etc. so that users do not need to manually enter these or remember/know them in the first place, they can just be selected from a list, and they are kept up-to-date.
Google offers a Gmail mobile app for BlackBerry that has contacts (from Gmail only), as well as a Google Sync service that syncs contacts and calendar events (again, from Google only). If a BlackBerry user only uses Gmail and Google Calendar, and does not use Outlook or care about other PIM data (e.g. tasks and notes or elsewhere besides Google), and it works with their BlackBerry model, this may be an option for them, says Steger.
For those who keep contacts in MySpace and or Facebook, Steger says that syncing with social networking services is in the works.
BlackBerry Storm Apps & Accessories Articles from Wireless and Mobile News:
- Best Free BlackBerry (Storm) Travel Apps from BlackBerry App World.
- BlackBerry Storm Level Checks Level
- BlackBerry Storm Qik Live Video Share.
- Ticketmaster BlackBerry..
- BlackBerry Storm Funambol Cloud Sync and Pus Email.
- BlackBerry (Storm) and Java J2ME BOLT Mobile Browser.
- BlackBerry Storm Decorative Protection Unique Skins.
- BlackBerry Storm Free Flying Game: Flight Path.
- SitOrSquat Free BlackBerry and BlackBerry Storm Toilet-Finder App .
- BlackBerry Storm Play Storm Piano.
- Free BlackBerry Storm Artsy Theme: Art Gallery v.1.
- BlackBerry (Storm) Free App of the Day: eReader Pro.
- BlackBerry Storm Controls Race Car? Get Punked.
- Hail-a-Cab with Your BlackBerry, iPhone or Windows Mobile Phone.
- BlackBerry Storm Free Music Download of the of the Day: Chris Cornell's Stop Me.
- BlackBerry Storm Free App WHERE, Location and Map App.
- BlackBerry Storm App: QuickLaunch.
- Free BlackBerry Storm Themes BlackLight Themes.
- Free BlackBerry Storm App SMS2Desk Turns SMS into Email.
- Free BlackBerry Storm Download Song: Jonas Bros Remix.
- Free BlackBerry Storm and iPhone App of the Day: GIST (Data Speed Monitor).
- Free BlackBerry Storm App: StormSketch Turns Storm into Sketching Tool.
- Free BlackBerry Storm App - Goolge Maps for BlackBerry Storm with GPS.
- Free BlackBerry Storm App Poynt GPS Locations, Listings, Maps and Movies.
- Free BlackBerry Storm App - BlackBerry Storm Light Saber.
- Free BlackBerry Storm Download - Rihanna's Rehab Remix.
- Free BlackBerry Storm App - Slacker Radio for BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm Accessory : OtterBox for BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm Game: Tiltris Teltris-Like Game.
- Another BlackBerry Storm Update/Upgrade Leaked with Portrait QWERTY Keyboard.
- Control Video Cameras from BlackBerry Storm or Bold.
- BlackBerry Storm App: BeamReader.
- BlackBerry Storm App: TwitterBerry.
- BlackBerry App: FlyCast Free Radio with 1200 Stations.
- BlackBerry Version of Slacker Radio: BlackBerry Storm Version Soon.
- Manage Lights and Appliances with BlackBerry Storm, iPhone and G1.
- BlackBerry Storm App: Free QuickPull Frees Up Memory.
- BlackBerry Storm Wish-List 2.
- Use BlackBerry Storm as Garage Door Opener.
- TalkLock Turns off BlackBerry Storm's Touchscreen - Fixes Touchy Issue.
- Starter Kit for BlackBerry, Storm Wish-List.
- Map App for BlackBerry Storm - Google Maps.
- TeleNav Mapping GPS App for BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm YouTube App.
- Best BlackBerry Storm Apps -Suggestions for Holidays.
- BlackBerry Storm Must-Have Accessories Add-Ons
- Weekly Update: BlackBerry Storm Which Update / Upgrade Works Best?
- BlackBerry Storm Danger Warnings - Do's and Don't's.
- Fun BlackBerry Storm Tilty Marble Game: Marble Trap.
- BlackBerrry Storm Takes Dication with MyCaption