Microsoft ran a mobile app contenst during Mobile Incubation week, lats week.
The six finalists were:
- Networks in Motion - Plans to build a mobile app that offers turn-by-turn directions and hyper-local search. The developer claims that it has the same experience as a GPS device.
- DJ Nitrogen - building an application to facilitate the legal sharing of user-generated content, such as ringtones and music mash-ups
- App will enable real-time, two-way speech-to-speech translation
designed for foreign military personnel and civilian travelers
- Motolingo - Telematics solution that will monitor car diagnostics and report mobile phone behavior in the car
- VisTracks - Plans to build an enterprise app for real-time product location and tracking company shipments
- BrightKite - Extending their current location-based social networking tool to Windows Mobile
And the winner was: Networks in Motion. A video interview follows.