Handmark developed an app for Thomson Reuters for BlackBerry with one-click access to
Thomson Reuters' business news, award-winning photography, market
data and financial information. Since the app just came out today, it's too soon to make it a free BlackBerry (Storm or Bold) App of the Day. The specs on the download page states, "For All BlackBerry OS Versions." However it you're a news junkie this app may be just the kind you want.
Features of the Thomson Reuters mobile application include:
- News stories from a variety of categories including world, sports, politics, environment, health, and business
- Full story articles and photos optimized for easy reading on a mobile device
- Ability to select region - US, Canada, UK, or India - for localized content
- Up-to-the-minute market data including indices, commodities and currencies by region
- Designed to support offline use when users don't have service or an Internet connection
- Personalized stocks tab so users can track only the stocks that they want
- Keywords and My Feeds tab that allows users to customized news feeds that are of special interest.
"Handmark worked closely with our team to develop an
application that continues to build on Thomson Reuters' success
delivering multimedia to mobile services, putting our content in the
hands of business professionals anytime, anyplace, anyway," Alisa
Bowen, senior vice president, head of consumer publishing.
The Thomson Reuters mobile application is immediately available to
download via the Handmark website downloaded to your computer in a Zip file. It will soon be available on BlackBerry App World: ww.blackberry.com/appworld.