The Palm Pre has gotten many good reviews that especially praised the WebOS operating system that uses a deck of cards and synchronization (synergy) of contacts from many sources including social networking sites. The Palm Pre was called, fun, the sexiest phone since the iPhone, stunning, beautiful and gorgeous.
The Palm Pre works via gestures on the touchscreen and a small slide out keyboard with sticky little keys. The reviewers were mixed on the keyboard, one reviewer called it 'pretty good" and others thought it would take getting used to. Here's where you would probably need to give the keyboard a try to see if it suits your needs.
Media capabilities were rated excellent for ease of use and it will even sync with iTunes. The web browser does a great job of rendering web pages and is fast. The 3MP camera is fast because it processes the images in the background. The Palm Pre has a back-up features that could save a lot of problems.
Reviewers referred to the battery life as too short to about the same as the iPhone. The Palm Pre has complicated advanced features meant to simplify life and does require a bit of learning time which would save more time in the future.
For the Sprint network subscribers the Palm Pre is an obvious yes for people who need full functionality and a computer-away-from home or office. If you love your carrier there will be more WebOS smartphones from Palm next year. To read summaries of all the reviews, reviewed, continue reading. More information is available online and we have done many articles about the Palm Pre which we hope you find amusing including a hilarious Jerry Seinfeld routine at the VIP launch party.
Sacha Segan at PCMag rated the Palm Pre 4 out of 5, it's the sexiest handset, since the iPhone and and is more fun than any other Sprint phone. He liked the excellent design, cool innovative WebOS and fast synergy. The screen is crystal clear and is a bit more fun than most smartphones. The card system is brilliant. Call quality was good and worked well with Bluetooth headsets. Synergy is a stand-out feature. The Web browser is quick and easy. It is the best multimedia phone since the iPhone. The 3 MP camera is fast. You can't use it as a tethered modem. Battery life is a little short. "Overall, though, webOS is the
most exciting mobile platform I've used in quite a while, and the Pre
is pretty impressive, so it nabs our Editors' Choice for smartphones on
Ginny Mies at PCWorld rated the Palm Pre 83 out of 100 writes that the Palm Pre lives up to its hype with imperfect design. She didn't like the keyboard, lack of removable memory, and found the synergy syncronization overwhelming. Syncing media was a snap. Video quality was excellent."Hardware flaws aside, the Palm Pre made a solid impression on me. Its
eye-catching design and smooth operation make this smartphone the most
exciting device I've seen in a while."
Bonnie Cha at CNET rated the Palm Pre 3.5 out of 5 for unparalleled multitasking and notifications, quality vibrant display, web browser and multimedia integration. She didn't like the keyboard, lack of voice-dialing/video recording/expansion slot/on-screen keyboard, and small app catalog. The OS is solid and impressive as well as the cards, and notification system are best in the league. However because of the short battery life and sluggishness it is not recommended for business users. The OS takes a while to learn. Synergy pulls in contacts along with a photo of the person. The web browser is quite good. You can't buy tracks directly from iTunes but you can from Amazon but will only download via Wi-Fi. Photo quality was impressive and photos can be geo-tagged with GPS. Call quality was good.
at Engadget, the guy who showed the Palm Pre as guest on Jimmy Fallon,
called the Palm Pre design stunning because of the way like it a stone
it fits in your hand and your pocket. He liked the design, but noted
that the slider mechanism isn't as strong as it could be but it is
beautifil and a lot o love went into the solid design. The clarity of
the screen is excellent and the touchscreen outlcasses other devices.
The keyboard is pretty good. The orange key makes it easy to copy and
paste. He loved the camera and the way it backloads the image
processing so that you can take photos quickly one after another. He
called theWebOS system absolutely goregeous and best the iPhone. The
card system is excellent and he was able to use up to 12 apps. He
didn't like that the synergy encorporates all contacts from all sources
which can be overwhelming. The calendar navigation is clever. IM and
SMS integration is the coolest and most interesting. Mobile browsing is
as good as it gets. With media management, Palm scores. Sprint
Navigation worked flawlessly and he was pleased with the Sprint
network. The back-up feature worked. It's a great phone.
Palm Pre News on Wireless and Mobile News.
Most Recent Articles in the Category Palm Pre.
- Very Important Palm Pre Paradox at VIP Party with Jerry Seinfeld.
- Palm Pre News: Secret Comedian, Touchstone and Inventory
- Palm Pre News Pre-Launch: Week in Review and New Details.
- Palm Pre News D7 Delights.
- Palm Pre News Wednesday
- Palm Pre News: Business and Gesture Details.
- Palm Pre: Best Features - Why So Hyped, Why So Good.
- Palm Pre News: Party, Limited Supply, Unlimited Plans and Projections.
- Palm Pre Official Relase Date June 6.
- Palm Pre News: Advocates, NASCAR Racing and Launch Date?
- Palm Pre News: Best Buy Teaser, Contest, Price, Wins Poll Over iPhone and Release Date?
- Palm Pre News: Review Units, Touchy Touchstone Price, Limited, Apps Appear & Launch?
- Palm Pre News 2Day: Sprint Employees Fired, FAQ & Bell Canada.
- Palm Pre News 2Day: Best Buy June 7, Commercial and TwitPic.
- Palm Pre News this Week: Tweets, Molls and WebOS Notebooks.
- Palm to Make Little Sister of the Palm Pre: Pre-Mini, Pixie, Eos.
- Palm Pre Featured in Sprint's e-Ads.
- Palm Pre Costs $170.02 to Make Says iSuppli.
- Palm Pre Pricing @ $150?YouTube and Super Hero.
- Palm Pre Jolie Loves It, AT&T Attacks It & Playboy Lusts.
- Palm Pre Full Page Ad in WSJ.
- Palm Pre Release Date Most Likely May 17.
- Palm Pre Is a Winner, Says Fox News.
- Sprint Training for Palm Pre, Release Soon?
- Palm Pre Release Date and Price Tweets.
- Palm Pre Compete Numbers Show It Competes with iPhone.
- Palm Corrects McNamee's Exaggerations over Palm Pre.
- Palm Tweeted No Delay for Palm Pre.
- Palm Pre webOS Mojo Developer Video Released.
- Jimmy Fallon Late Night to Have Palm Pre as Guest?
- 8 Reasons Why the Palm Pre Might Be the iPhone Killer.
- Palm Pre Synergy Demo from Mobile World Congress with Phone Dog.
- Palm Pre Sprint Exclusive Unit End of 2009.
- Palm Pre Mojo OS e-Book Available for Developers.
- Palm Pre Video Shows Impressive Features.
- Palm Pre Has Physic Functionality, Says Roger McNamee.(Video)
- Palm Pre Video Shows Single-Handed Operation.
- Palm Pre Camera Has Sophisticated DxO Features.
- Palm Pre Integrates GPS, Calendar, and Email (Video).
- Palm Pre Wireless Touchstone Charging Dock Advantages.
- Palm Pre Wins Battery of Awards - Battery Life Questioned.
- Palm Pre to Be Sold at Best Buy.
- Analyst Estimates 1.5 Million Palm Pre Sold in 1st Year - Quick Development.
- Palm Pre Wins CNET CES Awards - Real Woman's Smartphone.
- Palm Pre Loves Developers with Mojo and Open Access to Internal Functions.
- Review of Reviews Palm Pre (Sprint) First Beautiful Looks CES Review.
- Palm Previews New Nova Smartphone the Palm Pre.
- New Amazing Palm Slider Smartphone to Debut at CES.
- Palm's Nova OS to Premier at CES.