Consumer Reports Mobile Shopper has an introductory price of $9.99 for the first year (the
app will sell for $14.99 beginning January 1, 2011). The app provides
instant access to Ratings, Recommendations, Brand Reliability and Buying
Advice on thousands of appliances, electronics, children's products,
car care, and home products.
Consumer Reports Mobile Shopper allows consumers to:
- Instantly scan barcodes, browse or search to find product information.
- View complete test Ratings for thousands of products.
- Compare Ratings, features and specs.
- Check overall reliability by brand.
- Shop online or shop locally; find the best deals online or at nearby retail stores.
- Share deals or product ideas with friends and family via email or Facebook.
- Save products for quick and easy access.
The app is available in the iTunes store for iPhones using iOS 4.0
or greater. A version for Android is currently in development as well.
Consumer Reports pioneered a successful paid model for web
content, launching ConsumerReports.org in 1997 with 300,000
subscribers. Today the site has over three million paid subscribers.
Comment from Wireless and Mobile News: We're wondering what happens when users search for iPhone reviews using the iPhone app.