The Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S tablet, is coming to Sprint on November 14 with a lower price than Verizon customers will pay. The Samsung Galaxy Tab from Sprint costs $399 with a two-year contract along with data services of either a 2GB data plan with unlimited messaging for $29.99 per month or a 5GB data plan with unlimited messaging for $59.99 per month (plus taxes and surcharges). Verizon customers are not required to commit to a contract but pay $599 for a Verizon network Samsung Galaxy Tab.
Powered by the Android 2.2 platform, the Samsung Galaxy Tab has a 7-inch enhanced TFT touchscreen, 1 GHz Hummingbird processor, support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1, Media Hub (for TV and movie viewing) and Samsung Social Hub.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab has a 3.0 megapixel rear-facing camera and 1.3 front-facing camera for video calling. The battery can handle up to seven hours of video play.
Samsung Galaxy Tab also offers mobile hotspot capability as an optional add-on to simultaneously connect up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices for an additional $29.99 per month. Samsung Galaxy Tab features include:
- Android Market for access to more than 80,000 useful applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience.
- ThinkFree Office to open and make changes to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint or PDF documents.
- Sprint Navigation can also be added for $2.99 per day or $9.99 per month (plus taxes and surcharges).
- Stereo speakers.
- Wi-Fi - 802.11 b/g/n.
- Integrated GPS.
- 2GB onboard memory, 16GB microSD card included, with support for up to a 32GB microSD card.
- 4,000 mAh battery.
Samsung Media Hub offers a full library of video content using Wi-Fi, including programs from MTV Networks, NBC Universal and Paramount.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab also enables sharing user-generated video content with other devices using Samsung's AllShare service. AllShare wirelessly shares stored music, pictures and HD-like video (720p) to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified home electronics, including HDTVs, monitors, digital cameras and printers.
To make staying sociallly connected faster and easier, Samsung Galaxy Tab includes Samsung Social Hub, designed to integrate social networking services, messages, personal and business email, calendars and contacts. Calendar information from portal calendars, such as Google Calendar and social networking services, are displayed together in one calendar with two-way synchronization.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is part of the Galaxy S phone series that is currently available as the Samsung Captivate (read review) at AT&T, the Samsung Epic 4G (read review) at Sprint, the Samsung Vibrant (read review) at T-Mobile, and Samsung Fascinate (read review) at Verizon. The Samsung Galaxy S phone has various features. You can see the differences in our Samsung Galaxy S comparison article.
- Top Ten Best Tips an' Tricks for Samsung Galaxy S Phones.
- Top Ten (Plus) Best Coolest Free Android an' Droid Apps Review of Reviews.
- Galaxy S Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint) Review.
- Galaxy S Samsung Fascinate (Verizon) Review.
- Galaxy S Samsung Vibrant Review.
- Review of Reviews Samsung Captivate "Galaxy S" (AT&T).
- Samsung Galaxy S Phones Compared.