Several sources have confirmed that the HTC ThunderBolt OTA (Over-the-Air) update was released today.
Many HTC ThunderBolt owners are finding that they are not getting a notification but are able to get the update by checking directly from the Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check New.
The HTC ThunderBolt update from Verizon Wireles includes better 3G web browsing, email/messaging glitch fixes, faster activation, greater data stability, more accurate weather widget locations, and fast GPS updates.
The 22.28MB software update will take approximately 5 minutes to download and 5 to 10 minutes to install.
Full list of update features:
- Enhanced data connectivity when accessing the Verizon 3G network.
- Email and Messaging.
- SMS and MMS messages are stored properly in the Messaging Application (Inbox, Sent, etc.).
- Timing for device activation has been improved.
- "Backup Assistant" is correctly displayed in the Application menu.
- Stability improvements for data-centric applications, such as
- Accurate location is displayed when accessing the Weather Widget.
- Quickly load GPS updates for Google Maps and VZ Navigator.
Facebook, KAYAK, Yahoo! Mail, My Verizon and more.
You should also make sure that your HTC ThunderBolt is at least 40% charged. You will not be able to make or receive phone calls during the update. More information is available at the Verizon HTC ThunderBolt support page.
Verizon recently extended the time for free mobile hotspots for the HTC ThunderBolt.
Check out the HTC ThunderBolt video tips, battery tips, backup tips, or social media HTC Sense tips. We also suggest that users check HTC's Eric Lin's tips, which has been one of our top tips articles.
The well-reviewed HTC ThunderBolt is currently the only 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless.
The HTC ThunderBolt displaced the Droid X as the top Verizon smartphone in our list of top Android an' Droid phones now and later. The short-life battery issue can be solved with an extended-life battery.
Read all HTC ThunderBolt articles.