The Droid Incredible 2 update (2.18.605.4) also fixes some glitches, improves Mobile IM, has better global connectivity, and it adds wireless charging as well as a new desktop dock app.
New Gingerbread features include download management, better on-screen keyboard with multi-touch/auto-correction, improved cut/paste, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, security features, camera improvements, and improved email synching (read top Gingerbread tips).
A New York Times bookmark is added to the browser bookmarks.
The software update size is 116MB that takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes to download and and approximately 3 to 5 minutes to install. You cannot make emergency calls during the update.
We also suggest that your battery be at least 40% charged and that you back up your data first.
You will receive a notification that the update is available and that you cannot update while roaming unless you connect to a Wi-Fi network. The update is out today but usually takes about a week to get to all HTC Droid Incredible 2 owners.
HTC Droid Incredible 2 Update Features:
- Download Manager App - new App to manage all of your downloads from web browsing and other apps.
- App and Power Management Details.
- Under Manage Applications, a new "Running" tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality.
- New capability to select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- Alarm notifications will be turned off while in Emergency Mode.
- Improved stability reduces device resets & lockups.
- NY Times website has been added to the browser bookmarks.
- Addition of the Wireless Charging UI (including Wallpaper and popups when the device is charging wirelessly).
- New Desktop Dock App.