His survey suggests iPhone's market share could double in the next round of smartphone purchases. He found:
- 64% said that they plan to buy an iPhone when they purchase a new phone.
- Among those who do not have an iPhone but plan to buy an iPhone next, 60% are y waiting for the iPhone 5.
- Of those Verizon subs who do not have an iPhone but plan to buy an iPhone next, 74% are waiting for the iPhone 5. At AT&T 53% are iPhone 5 waiters.
- Among existing iPhone users, 94% expect to buy another iPhone (6% expect to switch to Android).
- Among existing Android users 47% expect to buy another Android smartphone 42% would switch to iPhone.
- Among all BlackBerry users just 26% expect to buy another BlackBerry, 67% expect to buy an iPhone and 3% expect to buy an Android smartphone.
"In other words," Munster concludes, "our survey suggests Apple will take share from BlackBerry and, to a lesser degree, Android as well as other smartphones and feature phones in the future."