Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_process' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 184
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_custom_keywords' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 260
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_blank' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 563
Warning: Illegal string offset 'box_nofollow' in /home/wireless/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-smart-links-personal/seo-smart-links-personal.php on line 566
The latest survey from Retrevo showed tablets to be more desirable than laptops or smartphones this holiday season. However the hopeful list shows that gift receivers that are hoping for the iPad 10% are equal to those who want an Amazon Kindle Fire.
Bargain hunters are looking for deals on tablets, HDTVs, laptops and smartphones. The responses from the survey show that most are looking for a deals on tablets. Tablets were the top gifts that are wanted this holiday season, too.
On which of these items will you be looking for a deal this Black Friday?
- 32% said a tablet computer, (including iPads).
- 25% said an HDTV.
- 24% said a Laptop.
- 19% said a smartphone (read latest smartphone reviews).
What is the one gadget you hope to receive as a gift this holiday season?
- 10% Said an iPad.
- 10% said an Amazon Tablet (Kindle Fire ).
- 9% said a smartphone.
- 8% said an HDTV.
- 6% said a laptop.
- 6% said a digital camera.
- 4% said an Amazon eReader.
The Pulse study found fewer shoppers saying they are only going to a store on Black Friday this year than last while more say they will shop both in a store and online this Black Friday. Although many stores say they don’t put their best deals online, many end up there and some stores like WalMart are offering free shipping on Black Friday.
Over a third (34%) said they plan on shopping both online and in a store this Black Friday. 10% said they plan on shopping ONLY in a store this Black Friday. 11% said they plan on shopping ONLY online this Black Friday.
What to get by sex, age and income:
- Best Gadget Gift for a Woman- Actually an iPad would make either a man or woman happy but if you’re thinking of buying a Kindle Fire instead, the iPad just barely beats out the Fire with most woman. However, don’t bother with a 3DTV set for the woman in your life, meanwhile, a new digital camera on the other hand, should be well received.
- Best Gadget Gift for a Man-The Kindle Fire edged out the iPad among the men in the group. After a tablet a new HDTV set including 3DTV is the most popular gift for men.
- Best Gift for Under 25 Year Olds- A laptop would be even more appreciated than a tablet for this age group, especially a MacBook Air. An iPhone 4S would also be a popular gift along with a digital camera.
- Best Gadget Gift for Middle Aged Adults 45 – 55 - Believe it or not, this age group is very interested in 3DTV as well as HDTV but 3D or not we imagine it’s the middle age lifestyle, sports and reality TV shows that make HDTV so appealing to this age group. Along with the TV why not throw in a Blu-ray player while you’re at it?
- Best Gadget Gift for iPhone 4 Owners - What iPhone 4 owners want the most this holiday season is an iPad. A lot of iPhone 4 owners said they wouldn’t mind an iPhone 4S while a digital camera also came up high on the list.
- Rich or Poor, It’s Nice to Get a Gadget Gift- When looked at by income the iPads were on top for both lower and upper income brackets while the Kindle Fire was more popular among the very high income group. Laptops were high on the list for low incomes while a digital camera was up there in high income households.
About Retrevo Pulse Report
The data for this report came from a study of online individuals conducted exclusively for Retrevo in October of 2011, by an independent panel. The sample size was over 1,000 .