Samsung was quick to blog the accolades that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus received in Samsung Tomorrow, yesterday. We would like to throw in our own "We told you so" because the Samsung Galaxy Nexus appeared in Wireless and Mobile News' top best coolest smartphones of 2011 only two weeks of sales in the United States. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was also a top seller in December on Amazon Wireless.
Samsung pointed out that Samsung Galaxy Nexus was one of the best products of 2011 and the number two gadget for 2011 as the highest ranked smartphone on the list by Time Magazine. The Samsung Galaxy Nexus was called "huge" by CNN and "the best Android phone, I've ever used" by Popular Science.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus designers TaeJoong Kim and GiYoung Lee claimed " The inspiration for the Nexus came from an image of a magnolia petal floating in midair. The goal was to capture the delicate beauty of the curve of a magnolia petal as it falls to the ground."
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is not without problems, the battery can drain quickly if not managed. Wireless and Mobile News has been following Nexus and reported the latest news and tips for preserving battery life.
Verizon Wireless sells additional batteries and chargers. Named as the top best even before the price was known and even before it was reviewed the Nexus is the only Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. BUY.
There are many firsts for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- It is the first Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone(see features).
- First 4.65" HD Super AMOLED touchscreen.
- First Verizon smartphone with Android Beam to beam information to other smartphones.
Other Features of the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core TI OMAP4460 processor with HTML web browser.
- 5MP camera with zero lag, 1.3MP front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and 1750 mAh Battery.
- Mobile hotspots for up to 5 connections.
- Textured back cover.
- Bluetooth 3.0.
- Connects to 4G LTE or 3G.