Tonight, Verizon Wireless will add 4G LTE networks in four new metros that will have the incentive of the Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX buy-one-get-one free deal as well as double data.
Verizon claims that 200 million people in 196 markets across the United States can take advantage of the Verizon’s 4G LTE network with a wide variety of 4G LTE devices. Expanded and newmarkets are in upstate New York, South Dakota, Tennese, Texas and Arkansas.
Here's a list with links to reviews of Verizon 4G LTE smartphones and tablets.
- Droid RAZR - thinnest smartphone available, today. Verizon reduced the price and will offer it in purple on January 23.The Droid RAZR appears in many top ten best smartphones of 2011 lists, including the top ten of all and Verizon Wireless list. Reviewers of the Droid RAZR gave it Editors' Choice. It is eligible for the Verizon Wireless buy-one-get one free deal.
- Droid RAZR MAXX - the Droid RAZR MAXX battery is the longest life battery on the Verizon Wireless Network. Buy one get one free.
- Droid 4 -a thin QWERTY Droid with an non-removable battery. The Droid 4 went on sale on Friday and is eligible for the Verizon double data deal. we published some tricks and videos that will help you use your Droid 4. You can buy it buy it from Verizon Wireless for $199.99. Amazon.com still has some in stock discounted to $99.99 for new customers and $149.99 for renewing contracts.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus - the only smartphone on the network that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. . When reviewers spent time with the new superphone formerly known as the Droid Prime, they found a few cons along with some great compelling features. Read tips to reduce battery drain. Amazon Wireless sells it for discount, however it is now backordered. LetsTalk and Wirefly offer some discounts.
- Samsung Stratsophere - the Samsung Stratosphere is the first QWERTY 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless.
- Pantech Breakout - the Pantech Breakout was called the most affordable 4G LTE smartphone on Verizon Wireless. For $49.99, the well-reviewed Pantech Breakout is packed with many features and if you buy one, you can get on free.
- Droid Bionic by Motorola first dual-core smartphone, released in the fall of 2011. An update is rolling out and the price has been reduced to $99.99.
- HTC ThunderBolt (read review), 4G LTE uses a lot battery juice, Verizon is now packaging the HTC ThunderBolt with an extended life battery.
- Samsung Droid Charge (read review) .
- LG Revolution - was named one of the top smartphones at Verizon Wireless in 2011. Every reviewer we reviewed rated the LG Revolution 3.5 and found the good points to be the bright 4.3" touchscreen, 4G LTE data speeds and Netflix.
Expanded markets include
- Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Rapid City, South Dakota.
- Clarksville, Tennessee.
- San Antonio.
- New 4G LTE network in Cookeville, Tennessee.
- Activation of 23 new 4G LTE cell sites throughout the Rochester area noting that the rapid rollout of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network in Upstate New York means that more than 60 percent of the region’s population is now covered by this advanced wireless technology.
- East on Interstate 90 to Belvidere including Wasta, Wall and Kadoka as well as east on State Highway 14 to Philip;
- West on I-90 to Spearfish including Piedmont, Sturgis, Deadwood, Lead and Whitewood as well as north of I-90 to Belle Fourche and Newell;
- And, South to Edgemont including Custer and Hot Spring.