SNL lampooned Verizon 4G LTE commercials and well it wasn't quite accurate. There are more than speed difference between 4G LTE and 3G. The video propagate some bogus facts. After the video we show the incorrect information in the fake commercial.
As Verizon adds more for more metros today, it's clear that the network has become so ubiquitous that it warrants a jab form the sharp wits at SNL. How many mistakes can you find in the video?
SNL comedians say the names of all the products more over and over again like the real commercial.
Here are some of the devices mentioned followed by links to real information about them:
- HTC ThunderBolt (read review), 4G LTE uses a lot battery juice, Verizon is now packaging the HTC ThunderBolt with an extended life battery.
- Droid RAZR by Motorola - thinnest smartphone available, today. Verizon reduced the price and will offer it in purple on January 23.The Droid RAZR appears in many top ten best smartphones of 2011 lists, including the top ten of all and Verizon Wireless list. Reviewers of the Droid RAZR gave it Editors' Choice. It is eligible for the Verizon Wireless buy-one-get one free deal.
- HTC Rezound - comes with Beats by Dr. Dre headphones and other great dual-core features. It was was one of the top Verizon sellers in November 2011.
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus - the only smartphone on the network that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. . When reviewers spent time with the new superphone formerly known as the Droid Prime, they found a few cons along with some great compelling features. Read tips to reduce battery drain. Amazon Wireless sells it for discount, however it is now backordered. LetsTalk and Wirefly offer some discounts.
- Droid Bionic by Motorola first dual-core smartphone, released in the fall of 2011. An update is rolling out and the price has been reduced to $99.99.
- Pantech Breakout - the Pantech Breakout was called the most affordable 4G LTE smartphone on Verizon Wireless. For $49.99, the well-reviewed Pantech Breakout is packed with many features and if you buy one, you can get on free.
- Samsung Stratsophere - the Samsung Stratosphere is the first QWERTY 4G LTE smartphone from Verizon Wireless.
- Compaq mini-netbook - most likely it is the Compaq Min CQ10.
- Droid XYBOARD 8.1 & 10.1.
Whats technically wrong with the spoof?
- The LG Vortex is not a 4G LTE smartphone.
- The HTC ThunderBolt is not new, it came out in the Spring of 2011
- The Droid RAZR is not not new either, it was released in November 2011.
- The customer asks what if I drop the Droid Xyboard in the toilet what happens? The sales associate say it would break.
- The Droid Xyboard has nanocoating and if it accidentally submerged for short period of time in water, it should not be damaged. It should be able to withstand a slight drop.
If you find any more, please post your findings in the comments.