Verizon is currently rolling an update to the LG Revolution that along with enhancements will allow Verizon customer service to view the smartphone remotely called Verizon Remote Diagnostics.
We have mapped out in another article how Verizon Remote Diagnostics tool will work step by step(read details). Besides remote customer support the update includes some glitches fixes, email/text improvements, browsing back key fix and the calendar widget now shows November correctly.
The update will take you around= 20 to 45 minutes to download the software, depending on network conditions. You will not be able to make emergency calls during the update. It's always a good idea to backup your data first. Verizon has already announced that the only LG smartphone to be updated to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is the LG Spectrum.
Once you download the software, the next step is to install it onto the LG Revolution.
Installation should take up to 5-10 minutes additional. Keep in mind that during the installation you will be unable to make or receive calls, including emergency calls. The size for this software upgrade is 58.2MB.
Here's what the update does:
- Resolved reboot issue found during operating system upgrade from Froyo to Gingerbread.
- Calendar widget now displays correct month for November.
- Pressing the back key while browsing will take the user back to the previous page.
- Verizon Video is now preloaded.
- Playing AVI video files through HDMI no longer causes display to flicker
- Placing an alarm on snooze while on a voice call will set snooze to 5 minutes.
- Dolby presets have been updated to use loudness, bass and spaciousness to improve the user’s experience.
- When placing the LG Revolution into Airplane Mode, the 4G icon no longer appears.
- Sending a text message to a 7 digit number will display as sent and received.
- Improved device messaging to fix delays or incomplete sends.