Verizon Wireless as started rolling out the update For the Droid RAZR, Droid RAZR MAXX, and Droid 4. This is a glitch-fix/ improvement update and not the long-awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
The Droid 4 update is titled 6.13.219 that improves battery life, Bluetooth fixes, adds a Motocast widget for the homescreen and better text messaging. The update for the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX is number to 6.12.181 that also improves battery life, improves Wi-Fi hotspots and fixes bugs.
It will take you approximately 10 to 20 minutes to download the software, depending on network conditions. You will not be able to make emergency phone calls during the update process. It is always a good idea to backup all your data before performing an update.
For Mother's Day, Verizon Wireless has lowered the price of the Droid RAZR to $99.99, a day after Verizon instituted the $30 upgrade fee. The Verizon Wireless online pricing for the Droid RAZR beats the upgrade price at Amazon.com, but not the Amazon new-customer price of $49.99.
The next Droid which may be coming this week is the new Droid Incredible 4G LTE.
Droid RAZR MAXX update features:
- Improved device stability.
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life.
- Added easy access to preloaded VZW bookmarks through quick key access.
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth.
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony
- database by third parties.
- As new Internet addresses are introduced, you will be able to continue to browse and view web pages with this latest Internet enhancement.
- 4G coverage indicator accurately displays data connectivity.
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security.
- Improved text message delivery.
- Improved Visual Voice Mail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery.
- Enhanced security in Verizon Apps.
- Included a new MotoCast widget to enable easier access and discoverabilityof MotoCast services.
- Modified the storage settings screen to make it easier to understand total storage versus available storage.
- Implemented a number of MotoCast performance improvements.