One of most popular articles was our top best Android an' Droid smartphones now an' later. We will revisit the topic every three months. Our last review came at the end of 2011 where we reviewed the top ten best smartphones of 2011.
We will be looking at the top best Android smartphones by carrier, reviewing ratings from numerous authoritative sources. today, we look at Verizon Wireless:
Verizon Wireless NOW:
- Droid RAZR MAXX - addresses the need for more battery juice and a favorite of Oscar winners. Called the best battery on a smartphone ever (read review) Priced at Verizon Wireless for $299.99 or discounted from Amazon.com, where it is a best seller. BUY
- Droid RAZR - thin is in with this smartphone that brings the thinness of the original Droid with some Motorola tips and tricks. Reviewers loved its thinness, power and gave it Editors' Choice. BUY
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus - this pure Google smartphone was the hot ticket over the holidays. It has however some battery issues that caused Samsung to put together an extra battery package. Reviewers loved the Android 4.0 software and Super AMOLED touchscreen but didn't like the lack of microSD expansion. BUY
- Droid 4 - for keyboard fans this Droid has great keyboard with all the Droidness of the RAZR and RAZR MAXX. Reviewers of the Droid 4 liked the dual-core speed, fast 4G LTE network, excellent voice calls, and best-ever keyboard that offers a reason to give up BlackBerry altogether. Priced at Verizon Wireless for $199.99. Amazon.com still has discounts it to $99.99 for new customers and $149.99 for renewing contracts. BUY
- HTC Rezound - if you love a full music sound, dual-core processors and a bargain (read review). Verizon Wireless, recently, reduced the price of the HTC Rezound. BUY
- For newbies: Verizon just launched the Lucid by LG a mid-level smartphone with user-friendly features which is a bargain for one-cent from Amazon. BUY
Verizon Wireless LATER:
- Droid Incredible 4G - a 4G LTE update to the Droid Incredible by HTC with Android 4.0, HTC Sense 4 and lots of HTC Oness with a possible birthday of April 26. Model ADR6410. It you like HTC Sense and the original Droid Incredible this model makes sense. A must buy feature could be Beats Audio, making it compete with the HTC Rezound. Expected launch date April, 26.
- Droid Fighter or RAZR HD - leaks suggest a screen size for the Droid Fighter is 4.6" inches and a super 3300mAh battery the battery may rival the Droid RAZR MAXX. This smartphone could also be named the Droid RAZR HD and have an HD screen with HD video recording.
- iPhone 5 with LTE - once the iconic iPhone accesses the fast Verizon 4G LTE network, competition will really heat up. We don't expect a 4G LTE iPhone until the fall or later. There are currently no officailly announced Verizon LTE iPhone plans.
- Samsung Galaxy S III/Nexus - Verizon Wireless didn't chose to sell the Samsung Galaxy S III and instead launched the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, a new Nexus in the second half of this year may come.