The update 2.20.605.3 710RD offers enhancements such as adding in-call volume control and an “All Apps” option to Dock Mode. Other improvements are that mail shortcut shows the unread mail count, signal bar strength meter is updated to 5 bars and Wireless Alerting System is now enabled.
To help prevent update confusion, Verizon Wireless spokesman Albert Aydin has promised Wireless and Mobile News updates of when upgrades are available.
The update is 67.8MB, takes about 15-20 minutes to download and another 10-15 minutes to install. You will not be able to make emergency calls during the update. As with all updates we suggest you backup your data before updating your phone, just in case.
If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to be in an area where Wi-Fi is available. Enable Wi-Fi on your device. Connect to Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear.
Update Includes the Following:
- Device displays available music on the device and provides an option to purchase ringtones from the MOD application when a user is attempting
- to set a new ringtone through a prepopulated list.
- Mail shortcut now shows unread mail count.
- Ringtones” has been replaced with “Edit Home” when the Menu key is pressed on the home screen.
- Updated signal strength meter to 5 bar Received Signal Strength Indication (RSSI).
- Mobile networks no longer disabled when using Power Saver.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Default applications in Dock Mode have been changed to “Phone” and “Calendar”.
- In-call volume control has been added to Dock Mode.
- All Apps” option has been added to Dock Mode.
- Resolved issue of dock volume changing to 20%.