Verizon Wireless is rolling out the update 8107 for the HTC Trophy via the Zune Player on a computer. Make sure that your Windows Phone is charged and that you have good Internet connection. You will also need to have storage space on your phone and computer.
AT&T has not been known for swift upgrades, the Android 2.3 update to Gingerbread for the Samsung Captivate took almost a year and then via computer software. AT&T in support forums promises that updates for Windows Phones the HTC Titan, Samsung Focus and others. AT&T may deliver Tango, or Consumer Release 3 (CR3) of Windows Phone, later on with all the 8107 fixes and more.
Forum manager stated "AT&T plans for a Windows Phone update that will contain the improvements in the 8107 update and more."
The 8107 update has security fixes and fixes the disappearing keyboard bug.
Here are the details of the update:
- On-screen keyboard. Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.
- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.
- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain condition