The dog is a Golden Retriever (what other kind of dog would work with a Golden Globe winner?) while the phone could be:
Blacked-out Samsung Galaxy Nexus - some Droid fan looked and it and called it Nexus. Recent rumors suggest that the next Nexus will not be supported by carriers but independent makers and be sold unlocked without a contract. So far Google/Android has not spent much money on celebrities.
- Droid RAZR MAAX - Academy Award nominees were given special edition Droid RAZR MAXX smartphones, Clooney was a nominee. We know he received a RAZR but did he give it away or keep it as a prop?
- New iPhone 5 - there have been so many him him him him rumors about the the iPhone 5, we just threw it in.
- Samsung Galaxy S III or something like it.
- Window Phone.
Apple had its own celebrity in Steve Jobs and sells iPhones without of celebrity endorsement. iPhone carriers, however, are showing off Siri with Samuel Jackson and Zoey Deschannel.
HTC's current campaigns show how normal people like a student photographer can skydive and take photographs. HTC's latest models are on-hold at U.S. customs. LG probably does not have the budget for such an A- list celebrity who throws parties for President Obama.
Samsung paid an astronomical fee for a Samsung Galaxy Note Super Bowl commercial. The first Samsung Galaxy S III commercial, shows touching moments at airports, with children and --- What could be more touching than the love between the world's best(sexiest) man with man's best friend? Having it all captured by a Samsung Galaxy S III?
Microsoft paid for a celebrity in the Nokia 900 the smartphone beta test is over commercials with former SNL star Chris Parnell. Microsoft has not used up its entire budget yet.
We looked the phone which could a production model or a mock-up that would be substituted in production later.
- It's very thin.
- It's black with chrome-looking edges.
- It's got a gray space on the top most likely duct tape to block out the name.
Update 05/21/12: A reader has shed a new light on the phone---and the best answer.
The phone is a random prop because the commercial is for an Italian Internet company FastWeb, reported Monique.