The Samsung Galaxy S III hasn't launched yet, but that has not kept carriers from ordering the new Samsung superphone that may be endorsed by George Clooney. According to the Korea Economic Daily Samsung received about 9 million pre-orders from over 100 carriers for the Samsung Galaxy S III.
The first release date for the Samsung Galaxy S III will be in Germany on May 29, followed by world releases in June. Americans are expecting its debut in the summer but should not get too excited if we go by Samsung's previous release dates in the United States following Europe and beyond.
The first Samsung Galaxy S models were released in the summer of 2010 in the United States. While the Samsung Galaxy S II with different carriers didn't make it to the United States at AT&T until October 2, 2011, 10/12/2011 for T-Mobile. The Samsung Epic Touch 4G was released by Sprint on 9/16/2011. The U.S. releases were four to five months after the first may releases in other parts of the world that started in May 2011.
Samsung Galaxy S II updates for the United States are just as slow coming months, later than the rest of world gets updates. Many believe the carriers are to blame.
Here is a roundup of the latest news for the Samsung Galaxy S III
- Samsung India is taking preorder for the Samsung Galaxy S III.
- In the U.K., O2, Vodaphone and T-Mobile are selling the Samsung Galaxy S III. Some lucky peorders in London will be able to pick up their phone a day earlier than the May 30, official launch date.
- The usual suspects have already routed the phone and hacked into its bootloader.
- The manual for the UK version of the Samsung Galaxy S III, GT-I 9300 is available online. The most noted features are the gesture technology. When you pck up it up after not using it for a while or when the screen has turned off, it will vibrate if you have missed calls or new messages. When you hold it to your ear, whhile viewing call, message, or contact details, it will make a voice call.
- Initial reviews for the Samsung Galaxy S III have been positive, some reviewers don't like the plastic case while others raved about the software.
- The latest commercial has been released and there are rumors that none other than George Clooney himself will star in the American commercial.