Samsung revealed the new Samsung Galaxy S III in London, accompanied by the London Metropolitan Orchestra. The Samsung Galaxy S III has many features of the Samsung Galaxy S II and Note with some new updates to the Samsung brand.
Touted as "a smartphone that recognizes your voice, understands your intention, and lets you share a moment instantly" the Samsung Galaxy S III is essentially a faster larger Samsung Galaxy S II with new media software/sharing features with voice controls.
Demonstrated Features of the Samsung Galaxy S III include:
- 4.8" HD Super AMOLED display (1,280 x 720 pixels)
- 8MP camera has no lag time, burst shot and best photo selection from eight shots. You can take still photos while recording HD video.
- Fast quad-core processor, energy-efficient Exynos 4 Quad.
- Natural curve, fits in your hand. Water ripples show when you touch the homescreen.
- 16, 32, 64GB models and microSD expansion slots.
- S Beam allows up to 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds by touching another GALAXY S III phone without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal.
- AllShare Cast to stream to TV or play on tablet, PC or TV, as well as GroupCast to share screen across same Wi-Fi network.
- Wi-Fi Channel Bonding which doubles the Wi-Fi bandwidth.
- Voice with face image to unlock the phone.
- Free two-year 50GB Dropbox cloud storage account.
- Buddy photo share’ function also allows photos to be simultaneously shared with all your friends pictured in an image directly from the camera or the photo gallery.
- Pop Up Play lets you watch movie, video sizes while you search the web or read a text message.
- SmartStay prevent the screen from timing out by using the front-facing camera to determine you are looking at the screen.
- Direct call, enables you to in text message, put the phone to ear and automatically voice dial the person.
- In call sound equalizer, Wi-Fi channel bombing increases Wi-Fi. Enhanced GPS.
- 2100 mAh removable battery.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Accessories include a flip cover, docking station, extra battery kit, car dock, HDMI adapter and S Pebble music player.
Software features include the Gaming Hub, Video Hub, Music Hub, Drive link, entertainment, GPS, map, music and S Help can receive healthcare information in select countries. The Samsung Galaxy S III will be NFC enabled and demonstrated during the London Olympic Games.
It will go sale on May 29, in Europe, ten city world tour. Designed for humans to make our lives better and becomes an extension of ourselves and lets us know that it will be there.
Samsung spared no expensive along with the live orchestra, it will help keep wild animals alive by donating money to the World Wildlife Fund.
Samsung Mobile is planning a U.S. version of Galaxy S III, optimized for LTE and HSPA+ networks in the U.S., which will be available in the summer of 2012.
The first Samsung Galaxy S III commercial says, "It understands you, shares what's in your heart, keeps track of loved ones, recognizes who you are, follows your every move, sees your best side, shares the warmth of nature, waits till you're asleep, designed for humans.