Sprint and Sierra Wireless announced at CTIA the 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot which they claim is the first-ever device to combine 4G connections over both LTE and WiMAX networks along witha 3G network outside of 4G coverage area.
The 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot can create a Wi-Fi hotspot for up toeight Wi-Fi enabled devices such as cameras, music players, personal media players and portable game consoles.
It comes with a microSD slot that allows teams to share files and presentations with network storage and it can be used as a digital media server.
The 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot also features the ability to:
- Share media files on the microSD card with any DLNA capable device.
- LCD view communicates device information such as Internet connection status, number of people sharing and battery life.
- GPS capable: Built-in Wi-Fi GPS capability allows users to pinpoint and map their location, available to any capable connected device.
- 1.7” LCD · Main Display Total Pixel Count: 160 x 128 pixels.
- Connector: Wireless or Micro USB for tethering ·
- 3600 mAh with access time up to 8 hours and up to 8 weeks standby time.