The latest news surrounding the Samsung Galaxy S III includes sales, predictions and shortages indicate that the third time may be the charm for the Samsung Galaxy. Release dates are being pushed back, supplies are limited while demand seems high. It could be the best blockbuster summer release to date.
Yesterday, we compared the reasons for waiting for the new iPhone 5 as opposed to getting a Samsung Galaxy S III now. Sales are expected to be in the millions. It's being sold from many carriers in different ways. We researched and contacted stores to figure out the best ways to get a Samsung Galaxy S III as of this publication. Details are listed by carrier:
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 - email notifications currently show a June 25 ship date, preorders are still being processed online, the best deal is Amazon.com. We called our local store and the rep told us that he has not received any stock,yet. When he does get stock, he will have to wait for AT&T to notify him of a release date. Best Buy is taking in store preorders. Amazon is taking preorders for $189.99 while renewing customers with an individual plan preorder for $149.99 and those part of family account pay $199.99. AT&T new customers can get $5o off with this Coupon-Link $50 Off AT&T Wireless with Plan for new customers with a contract.
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 - Sprint online preorders are closed. The sprint website states "Coming Soon." LetsTalk is taking preorders for $179.99 with a new contract, add coupon code TALK4TEN for 10% off your cart and free activation ($36) until June 28, is the best ends 06/18/2012. Wirefly is also taking preorders for the discounted price of $179.99 for new customers, $10 free Google Wallet credit included. Preorder Now
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 3 - preorders only from Verizon Wireless online, "will ship by" date has been pushed to July 11. Since subsidized phones/unlimited data ends on June 27, this will be your last chance for a subsidized smartphone if you want to keep your current plan. Verizon Wireless will switch to shared data on June 28.
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Check your stores for availability on June 27, Wednesday. We called our local store and were told that in the Los Angeles area only the major outlet store, received stock, last week. The store associates don't know how many units they will receive for sale on Wednesday. There are no in-store presales and the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be sold to customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Priced at $279.99 after rebate its the highest priced for the phone while the data plans can be more affordable especially those with family plans. 32 GB models are listed as being "out of stock." You can order from T-Mobile online.
- Best Buy Preorders & Store Sales - according to our reader, Best Buy has change the arrival dates to 6/25/12 or 7/12/12 that was previously 6/18. Best Buy is taking preorders online for AT&T and Sprint models only. We called our local Best Buy store. Some stores are taking preorders they are hoping for a delivery tonight.
Samsung claims that it expects sales of the Samsung Galaxy S III to be more than 10 million in July, making it the fastest selling device, ever for Samsung. J.K. Shin, mobile division chief stated supply can't keep up with demand.
The Samsung World Tour shows couples kissing, kids playing and lots of families happy. It's in Korean and very visual. You may be able to figure out what's going on just by the images. Samsung really knows how to throw a party.
Video streaming by Ustream