You may receive the update notification via a Wi-Fi connection. If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, or your Motorola Xyboard is off when the notification arrives, you will see the notification the next time you connect to a Wi-Fi network.
If you get a notification of an available update on your tablet. Follow the instructions to download and install from the update notification. To manually check for updates, touch Apps> Settings > About tablet > System updates.
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich adds some features such as Android Beam, Face Unlock, a new UI and improved camera (see all features and video).
The Droid Xyboard and Motorola Xyboard model are water resistant and dual-core.
Here are some of the changes in the update from changelog by Motorola.
- Updated Browser.
- Swipe to dismiss notifications and recent apps.
- Redesigned app launcher.
- New System Font for Improved Readability.
- Updated “People” App.
- Improved text input and spell-checking.
- Type with your voice.
- Richer and versatile imaging capabilities
- Redesigned Gallery app with photo editor.
- Richer, resizable widgets.
- Quicker screen rotation
- A new setting to choose whether the power button immediately locks the device or not: shows up only when you have a pattern, PIN or password lock, it then lets you set a timer for how long it takes to lock after pressing the sleep button.