The Droid RAZR HD is a larger thinner version of the Droid RAZR. It has a 4.7" Super AMOLED HD touchscreen and 78% more pixels than the original Droid RAZR as well as 40% greater battery life. To use the HD it comes with viewdini to watch videos and movies.
It's closest competitor is the Samsung Galaxy S III. Features of the Droid RAZR HD include 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, global roaming, 8MP camera front camera, mobile hotspots, NFC/Android Beam, Gorilla Glass, Kevlar, water repellent coating, microSD slot, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
The Droid RAZR HD is part of the trilogy of Droid RAZR smartphones, which have about the same hardware (except for sizing and batteries) and software. The Droid RAZR M was launched earlier, has a 4.3" display and the Droid RAZR HD Maxx will have a larger capacity battery. The Droid RAZR M is budget priced at $99 and can be found as low as $79 for those signing up for a new contract. It's closest competitor is the iPhone 5 due to it's size.
How does it compare to the Samsung Galaxy S III?
- =The Droid RAZR HD has the similar size screen but is slightly smaller/thinner and weighs slightly more.
- <The Droid RAZR HD has water proof nanocoating the SG S3 does not.
- =The Samsung Galaxy S III has a 4.8 inch display 720 x 1280 pixel with 306 pixels per inch while the Droid RAZR HD has a 4.7 inch display with 312 pixels per inch.
- <The Droid RAZR HD has a larger battery than the Samsung Galaxy S III.
- <The Droid RAZR HD has a similar processor with an added plus, the SIII has a Snapdragon S4 MSM8960 while the RAZR HD has a Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960.
- <The Droid RAZR HD has a Kevlar back while the Samsung Galaxy S III is pure shiny plastic.
- ><Droid RAZR HD has the Chrome browser that doesn't support Flash, the SG SIII browser supports Flash until it is updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- >The Samsung Galaxy S III has a removable battery, the Droid RAZR HD does not.
- <The Droid RAZR HD has a micro HDMI, the Galaxy S3 does not, you'll need an MHL adapter or a Smart Samsung TV for which you stream to wireless using Samsung software.
- >The Galaxy S3 has a barometer, the Droid Razr HD does not.
- > The Galaxy S3 has a physical home button and capacitive menu and back buttons, the Droid Razr HD does not have any buttons.
- =? There is slight difference in front-facing cameras, the Samsung Galaxy S III has a 1.9MP camera and the Droid RAZR HD has a 1.3MP camera, if you are big Skype user, you may notice the difference.
- =Both smartphones have Bluetooth, global roaming, mobile hotspots, GPS an 8MP cameras.An "=" sign appears next to features that are about the same for both
- A "<" (greater than sign) appears before features that are better for the Droid RAZR HD and "<" (less than sign) appears for features that the are lesser for the Droid RAZR HD. Whichever model is perceived to have the best function is bold.
- ShareShot, Group Cast, Direct Call, Smart Alert, Tilt to Zoom, Palm Gestures, Picture in Picture, Turn Over to Mute, Shake to Update and S Voice . On top of that Samsung honors customers with parties in big cities with NFC drink ordering and appearances by celebrities.