Monday, Google is going to make some big Android and Nexus announcements. Prior to the event, however there have been some leaks that give a good idea of what to expect. Of course, conjecturatti rumors are rampant. The invitation shows the Google logo with the phrase "The playground is open."
Let's Review what the Next Line of Nexus Devices May Be Like:
- Nexus 1o.1 - with a super intense screen, a leaked manual showed a camera. It is expected to be made by Samsung with a 2560x1600 pixel screen at 299ppi. The reported features of the Nexus 10.1 are the same or better than the well-reviewed Nexus 7, a quad-core processor, Wi-Fi, Corning Glass, GPS, Wi-Fi, Android Jelly Bean, microUSB, NFC and landscape-capable homescreen.
- Nexus 7 32 GB - Office Depot today listed the a 32 GB version of the Nexus 7 tablet as well as Nexus 7 16GB for the same price $249.99. The price for the 8GB version is expect to drop.
- Nexus 7 3G - found in FCC filings, this model sealed under privacy rules has 3G data capability with antenna for GPRS, EDGE and WCDMA.
- LG Nexus 4 - a pure Google version of the LG Optimus G phablet, on sale at Carphone Warehouse in the U.K. The Nexus 4 specs included 4.7" 32oppi touchscreen, 9.1mm thin, Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2, quad-core 1.5GHz processor, front-facing camera, 360 degree camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS.
- Motorola Droid RAZR X - Like Nexus X to apparently ship with Android 4.2.2 Key Lime Pie according to a leaked Motorola update schedule. many contend that this rumor must be true because now Google owned Motorola. Typically in the winter Google announces its next operating system and premier exclusive device to ship with that operating system. The Motorola Nexus X may be the first device to come preloaded with Android 4.22. Key Lime Pie.
We suspect that details of Key Lime Pie will be outed so that developer can start working on app updates. There may be some kind of app promo for the announced devices.