There are few things we want to remind you this holiday season, before you brave the crowds for Black Friday, Thanksgiving Thursday, the weekend. We will be keeping track of all the best deals on our Black Friday - Cyber Monday Page and in the deals category at Wireless and Mobile News.
Black Friday through Cyber Monday Online Buying Tips and Tricks
- Check Return Policy - The first thing you have to when buying a smartphone or cell phone for a gift is to check the return policy of the carriers.In preious years Verizon Wireless and AT&T extended their return dates for phone purchased the week of Black Friday until dates in January.
- Buy from Brand Names - Always buy from a brand name major retailer online or in stores with a price match policy and return policy. If you see some unknown website with a price too good to be true, it may be a scam. Carrier sites such as U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon Wireelss and AT&T state return policies clearly. Best Buy has a price match guaranteee.
- Use Credit Card Protection - Pay for your purchases with a credit card that has a fraud protection or price protection policy. A credit card tha offers a price match can be very valueable when you buy many gifts. However the recent spat of fraud and security breaches such as the Target breech last year, you are protected from someone using your card and you being responsible for the bill. We recently booked a Vagabond Inn hotel in Sand Diego for Telematics West Coast. Hackers stole our credit number, racked up charges at a luxury hotel, paid for an UBER trip to Las Vegas and then tried to charge an airline ticket on the card. Fortunately South West airlines recognized the credit card number and stopped the transaction.
- Time your Time - Shopping online in off hours such as late at night or early in the morning can get items before the sell out. For example Best Buy deals start at midnight Eastern Time. By the time the west coast wakes up some items such as iPad Air tablets may be sold out.
- Bookmark & Leave Breadcrumbs - Get ready and bookmark your deals the night before and be sure to refresh your browser often if the website such as Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T or Sprint is busy.
- Protect Passwords - Be sure to write down your passwords and keep them in a safe place. You may have to return things. It can also be helpful to print out your receipts and keep them in place you won't forget.
- Keep Packaging -When the product arrives always keep the packing and packing slip in case you have to return the products.
If you plan to go to a brick and mortar store Thanksgiving, Black Friday through the Weekend
- Watch Your Back - If you are going to a store and see a big crowd forming, or a stampede begin, just get out the way. No deal is worth dying for.
- Wear Comfy Shoes- If your feet hurt, you won't be able to make good buying decisions.
- Eat Well 0 If you haven't eaten, it will affect you shopping skills. If you eat junk-food the sugar and grease can wreak havoc on your body's systems. If you eat well and take your vitamins you can deal with everything better.
- Be Prepared - Prepare before you shop, keep a list, check it twice, and stick to it. Know the features of the phone or device you need and will use. Don't let cute sales associates, persuade you need something you don't want or need.
- Research Deals - Use the research power of publications like Wireless and Mobile News' best all over, Best Buy, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, AT&T or prepaid deals.
- Check the Math - Bear in mind that although something may be advertised as one price, the add-ons add up. When you buy a cell phone, there is an activation fee AT&T has no activation fee this season. If you buy a smartphone a data plan will be required, then on top of the plans are state, local and federal taxes that increase what seems to be exponentially. The different carriers all have different plans and when you look at what you will pay monthly, you'll may be surprised.
- Breathe - Here's where Yoga, running or any sport can help. If you stop breathing while shopping it cuts off oxygen to your brain and you can't think clearly.
- Back to the Future- In the cell phone/smartphone world, the hottest phone today, will often be offered as free phone with a plan in six months. Although we love the power of the latest cell phones with social networking, email, web-surfing and navigating. In six months there will be something even better. The most important thing is that you take care of yourself and don't loose you sanity
Shop Online on Cyber Monday
Speaking of taking care of yourself. Take the Black Friday day off go to the beach, rest in a hammock, go for a hike. Do something you love to do, that renews you. Almost all of the best cell phone and smartphone deals are offered until Cyber Monday. Then when you get back to work on Monday, check out our Cyber Monday deals and click away while sipping your tea or coffee.
For the latest deals check out, Wireless and Mobile News’ Top Black Friday, Weekend and Cyber Monday Cell Phone, BlackBerry, Android and Smartphone Deals Page.