One of the most frustrating aspects of a smartphone launch is its release date. We at WiMO News have been doing are best to keep our readers up to date.
Release dates are important because buyers want to know when the smartphone will be available in relationship to the buyers' contract end date. When we first started publishing Wireless and Mobile News in 2007, carriers and manufacturers would announce the release date, months in advance. After many pushed back release dates for the the HTC ThunderBolt due t0 4G LTE deployment and the BlackBerry Storm (software problems) that caused an uproar in the buying community, the trend has been for Verizon to make announcements of release data as short as a few days before the release date while other carriers give a month or longer.
An almost sure sign of an upcoming released date within a month or so are FCC filings. A smartphone must be approved by the FCC in order for it to be released below you find all the expected presales and release dates for the Fall/Winter smartphone season in anticipation of Black Friday and the holiday buying season. We will be updating this page as more announcements are made over time. Please sure to bookmark, "like" Google+, this page and come back soon.
- HTC One X+ - officially announced 10/2 to be coming soon, most likely Novemberish. Expected in Europe in October.
- Windows Phone 8x - "in November" recent rumors suggest a presale date of Octboer 21*.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2(II) - "in coming months."
- Nokia Lumia 920 - exclusive to AT&T with super camera functions and ability to use it with long nails or while wearing gloves. Recent rumors suggest a preslae date of Octboer 21.
- Nokia Lumia 820 - budget priced Windows Phone can be touched with gloves or fingers to work .
- Samsung Galaxy Express - $99 deal in time for "holidays".
- LG Optimus G - November 2, officially.
- Samsung Galaxy S III - October 22.
- Samsung Galaxy Note II - in a few weeks, possibly October 24*
- Nokia Lumia 810 - fall.
- LG Optimus L9 - fall.
- Nexus 4 ? - October 29 or later.*
- iPhone nano-sim for unlocked iPhone 5 -
- Samsung Galaxy Note II - October 25.
- LG Mach - Fall release date.
- LG Optimus G - November 11, for $199.99 with a contract.
- Droid RAZR HD - October 18.
- Droid RAZR HD MAXX - October 18.
- Samsung Stratosphere 2 - Fall release date.
- Nexus 4 - October 29 or later.*
We will strive to keep this list accurate as best we can, however, release dates have tendency to move around alot. Rumored release dates will be annotated with a *. If have any information about release dates please let us know at editor[at}wirelessandmobilenews.com.