It's always hard to find the truth when there is so much hype. Reviewers tend to put down devices if they get too much media and start niggling over problems. Since the touch screen is new, they find that it takes time to get used to it, while one notes that he loves it. One reviewer lost patience and said that although he was excited about the BlackBerry Storm, it has too many bugs and buyers should "wait out the storm."
They mention and like the brilliant beautiful screen, push email capabilities, and call quality. The compatibility with Microsoft Office products and ability to copy and paste are seen as useful. The speaker phone, multimedia capabilities, sideloading of music, and camera were all well-rated.
So even though the BlackBerry Storm has more features than the iPhone, it hasn't gotten a "wow" coolness reception, yet. It's like a new flavor of ice cream, it will take getting used to. The original reviewers we cited in the first Review of Reviews of the BlackBerry Storm has gone from hot to luke-warm. Since there is a shortage of the BlackBerry Storm, there is no rush to buy it, unless you decide you must have it.
Bonnie Cha at CNET rated the BlackBerry Storm 3.5 out of 5. She liked the mutli-mode and world-functionality, GPS, 3.2 MP camera and the brilliant screen. She thought that the touchscreen took a while to get used to using. The bottom line was that for heavy-texters a real QWERTY keyboard such as the BlackBerry Bold would be a better choice.
Mark Spoonauer at LaptopMag rated the BlackBerry Storm 2.5 out of 5 for sluggish performance and mediocre design. He does note that the Verizon BlackBerry Storm has rock-sold data and voice reception and 3G International data. He calls it heavy, hard to type, and "not there yet." The push email and MS Office support is good and easy. He found the tying natural. The GPS shines and the speaker shames the iPhone. Slideloading music was simple and easy He suggests buyers wait until RIM gets the bugs worked out..
Sascha Segan at PCMag rated the BlackBerry Storm 3 out 5 calls the phone radical but still has bugs. He loves the touchscreen and found it fast until software bugs slowed it down. It appears tht he experience the known bugs we reported about, yesterday. He found the call quality excellent, battery life good and screen, beautiful. Music and video looks and sounds great. Photos looked sharp. Although he is excited by the BlackBerry Storm, he doesn't strongly recommend it until the bugs are fixed. He wished it was as good as advertised and tells readers to"wait out the storm".
More BlackBerry Storm Articles:
More BlackBerry Storm Articles:
- CrackBerry Cracks BlackBerry Storm OS Update.
- First Accelerometer Game for BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm Bug Fixes Soon.
- BlackBerry Storm - Thunder Storm Advisories.
- BlackBerry Storm Sales Strong, Prices Up, Shortage Continues.
- BlackBerry Storm Power Features Updated.
- Best, Cheapest, Price, BlackBerry Storm.
- BlackBerry Storm vs iPhone Debate Comic.
- BlackBerry Storm Shortage?
- BlackBerry Storm Long Line Report.
- BlackBerry Storm Wins Speed Tests.
- BlackBerry Storm's Missing Links to iPhone.
- BlackBerry Storm Danger Warnings - Do's and Don't's.
- Update BlackBerry Storm Software First.
- BlackBerry Storm has 10 More Power Features than iPhone.
- BlackBerry Storm Must-Have Accessories Add-Ons
- BlackBerry Storm Review of Reviews.
- BlackBerry Storm Two Months Free Service Offered.
- BlackBerry Storm $599 at Best Buy.
- Text of BlackBerry Storm Mad Genius commercial.
- BlackBerry Storm official launch date and price.
- BlackBerry Storm international, data and roaming rates.