Verizon is pushing its push-to-talk services with the new push-to-talk phone the Verizon Wireless clam shell CDM8975. The phone, developed by Personal Communications Devices, provides customers with fast two-way communication and will be available online by March 9.
The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 uses Verizon Wireless' Push to Talk service through the company's Evolution-Data Optimized (EV-DO) Revision A (Rev. A) network.
The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 also supports VZ Navigato fro audible turn-by-turn maps, directions and millions of data points that can help business customers locate their offsite meeting locations quickly and even share their maps with colleagues.
It also has Bluetooth technology, a 1.3 megapixel digital camera with video recording capabilities, voice commands, voice activated dialing, and a stereo speaker. Customers can stay entertained on a long commute or a business trip with Verizon Wireless' V CAST Music with Rhapsody and V CAST Video services.
The Verizon Wireless CDM8975 is available for $99.99 after a $50 rebate and a new two-year customer agreement. Corporate discount pricing is available. Verizon Wireless customers can add Unlimited Push to Talk for $5 per month, per line to any Nationwide voice plan.
Don't forget to use to use Wireless and Mobile News' direct coupon-link Instant Phone Rebate Only Available with Online Purchase then you don't have to wait for the rebate to come in the mail.
Additional features and capabilities on the Verizon Wireless CDM8975
- Dedicated Push to Talk and speakerphone button
- Internal antenna "intenna"
- Bluetooth technology - headset, hands free (car kits), dial-up
networking, stereo, phonebook access, basic printing, basic imaging,
object push for vCard, and file transfer
- Media Center-capable - downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers,
location based services and more
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody-capable - download music directly to the
phone from a library of more than 5 million songs and get the master
copy of the song on a PC free of digital rights management software
that restricts how and where music can be played. Customers can also
sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from a PC.
- V CAST Video - download or stream video from the best names in news,
sports, entertainment and more
- Text messaging
- Enhanced Message Service
- Multimedia Message Service
- T9 Predictive Text
- Phonebook with up to 500 entries with multiple contacts
- Push to Talk phonebook with up to 500 individual contacts and up to
100 group contacts with up to 50 members per group
- Expandable memory on an optional microSD memory card up to 8 GB
(card not included)
- Web browser: WAP
- Customizable wallpaper
- Bilingual interface for English and Spanish
- Dimensions: 3.7" (h) x 1.9" (w) x 0.8" (d)
• Weight: 3.2 ounces