Verizon will offer updates to BlackBerry 6 OS for the BlackBerry Bold 9650 and BlackBerry Curve 3G. The update will be available as an Over-the-Air (OTA) download beginning at
8 PM EST, tonight. Verizon BlackBerry Bold and Curve 3G owners can also install the upgrade using the BlackBerry
Desktop Manager software.
The update to BlackBerry OS 6 includes many improvements, universal search, Webkit browser, social feeds and remote wipe. The Verizon data sheet claims that your BlackBerry will be so responsive that you'll think it can read your mind.
The BlackBerry OS 6 offers these improvements:
- New intuitive UI - lets
you effortlessly scroll through home screens, easily manage your
favorites, downloads, and social networks. The new UI lets you see multiple
views to better organize apps and content.
- Fast, rich web browsing - lightning-fast page loading and tabbed browsing. You can open
multiple webpages at once, zoom and adjust font sizes. It offers copy
and paste functions.
- Universal search - search everything on your smartphone all at once, even within applications.
- Social feeds
- offers instantaneous multiplatform posting and updates to all or select
networks. It also lets you see all of your social and RSS feeds in one
- Multimedia - capture the moment instead of
messing with the settings of new camera modes, including continuous
autofocus and zero shutter lag.
- Get on-demand entertainment with video thumbnail sharing and the built-in YouTube App.
- Enterprise wipe - your IT admin can wirelessly wipe business data only and control forwarding.
For more information about the update and detailed instructions on how to download, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/boldsupport or www.verizonwireless.com/curve9330support. Customers are encouraged to read about the different download methods before initiating the update.
Please be sure to back up your data before the update. Be aware that you will not be able to make emergency calls during the update process.