New iPad rumors are mounting before Tuesday's expected announcement. Here's what we've been able to round-up about the next iPad mini and an even newer new iPad. There are more rumors surrounding the next Nexus 4/7/10/32.
- The smaller iPad is expected to have a 7.85 inch touchscreen and similar specs to the new iPad (3rd generation).
- The mini iPad will have a lighting dock connector and retina display.
- The iPad mini pricing according to 9to5Mac will be$329 with more storage $100 more. 3G/LTE options could add an additional $130 to the price tag of Wi-Fi only models.
- The iPad mini will cost $195-$254 to make.
- Sale date will most likely be in time for the holidays, November 2. Presales may start sooner.
- The iPad mini according to Rob Chira could end the sale of the iPad 2 from Apple.
- It may come loaded with iBooks 3.0.
- The iPad mini will sell like iPads and may or may not put a dent into the much cheaper Kindle Fire and well-reviewed Nexus 7.
Newer New iPad 4th Gen Rumors:
The next iPad, the newer new iPad 4 aka 4th generation iPad will reportedly have a lightning dock connector as seen in a leaked photo, the internal circuitry will be different also. An upgraded process is suspected for the iPad 4.