Although, Los Angeles is not officially mapped currently for LTE service, there are reports fast LTE data from Sprint customers in various parts of Los Angeles. Sprint hinted at a total deployment date by March 2013.
According to Sprint forum members when they have CDMA/LTE selected in their settings they found LTE service in t parts of Los Angeles City and County. This is for patient may be helpful if you are trying to decide whether to buy an LTE device from Sprint in the Los Angeles area. The most important thing to discover is coverage for where you live, work and spent much of your time.
Speetest.net tests show downloads of up to 19.9Mbps. Sensorly results from users show that deployment appears to happening on major streets, corridors and freeways, with outlying areas without coverage.(click on map to view full size).
Here are the most reported areas in alphabetical order:
- Atwater Village.
- Burbank - downtown near Olive Ave.
- Culver City
- Downtown L.A.
- East L.A. by 60 Freeway and Atlantic
- Glendale - parts on and off.
- Korea Town.
- La Brea and Santa Monica Blvd.
- La Canada Flintridge.
- L.A./Larchmont Area around 3rd Street.
- Leimert Park.
- Lincoln Heights.
- Los Feliz - near Mustard Seed Cafe.
- Marina Del Rey.
- North Hollywood (some parts).
- Pasadena (central) along Arroyo Pkwy.
- Studio City by Universal Studios & Forest Lawn.
- Santa Clarita.
- Silver Lake.
- Some parts of Van Nuys.
- West L.A.
- Woodland Hills.
Anywhere else? Be sure to leave areas you discovered coverage in the comments below. Also please let us know it you think there is enough coverage to buy a 4G LTE device, yet.