The update is being pushed out over there in stages over a 10 to 21 day time frame.
It is always a good idea to backup your data before performing any update and to be sure that your battery is at least 50% charged. Often updating over a Wi-Fi network is faster depending on cellular network conditions. Wi-Fi updates are recommended by Sprint.Here's a new one, do not remove the battery during the update, noted a Sprint support document.
You cannot make or receive phone calls during the update process.him
Another thing we notice while trying to update the Samsung Galaxy S III from AT&T is do not get anxious waiting for the update to happen and shut off the phone during the update. When we updated the Samsung Galaxy S III, I was attempting to get good video shut off the phone and then had to wait for the update until the next day.(see video)
Here's how to update your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus
1. A system update screen will prompt the user to 'install now' or 'install later'
- If 'install later is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update
- If 'install now' is selected, the phone will reboot and then begin the software update
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update
Check for software updates (if 'install later' was chosen)
1. From the Home screen, press Apps
2. Tap Settings
3. Scroll up and tap About phone
4. Tap System Updates
5. Tap Check Now
Phone will check for updates and prompt to install them or display Your system is currently up to date.
6. Tap Home to return to the home screen
The update called Android 4.2.1 (build JRO03U.L700GA02) offers new features such as:
- Redesigned camera interface and new Photo Sphere feature (a 360-degree panorama mode)
- Notifications Shade accessible by swiping top screen edge downwards; swipe down with two fingers to view notifications; tap the notification to expand and take action on it.
- Lockscreen widgets to access certain apps without unlocking the screen; sidescroll right for camera or left for other widgets (time and weather, gmail, etc.)
- See all Jelly Bean features.
This update is tow months after the update to the world GSM Galaxy Nexus.