The U.S. Cellular Samsung Galaxy S 4 will go on presale the same day as AT&T while T-Mobile stated that the SG S4 will go on sale on May 1. The presale will be web only, no price has been posted yet. However unlimited LTE service is $40 a month.
The AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 is priced at a premium of $249.99 with a contract. Samsung prices across carriers are usually very similar except for U.S. Cellular that can be higher at first.
Samsung Galaxy S 3 (III) Price Drop
U.S. Cellular is now selling the Samsung Galaxy S III for $99 $200 off the original list price when the S III was launched. (read review or tips ). The Samsung Galaxy S III was named the top smartphone of 2012.
The major differences between the Samsung Galaxy S III and 4 are the screen size(4.8" vs 5"), pixel density( 306ppi vs 441 ppi), camera (8MP vs 12MP), processor speed 1.5GHz dual-core vs 1.6GHz quad-core) , RAM (1GB vs 2GB) and software. The Samsung S 4 is the first Samsung Galaxy that can used as TV remote and has temperature/humidity sensors.
New software in the Samsung Galaxy S 4 includes:
- S Health Monitoring - with the aid other devices you can monitor your health.
- S View Drive - voice control of your car and smartphone while driving.
- Samsung Smart Pause - enables you to control the screen by where you look.
- Group Play - to share media.
- Dual Cameras- you can record video and take photos with both cameras at the same time and then merge them.
- Sound Shot - record sound with photos.
- S Translate - translates in several different languages.
- Home Sync - share up to a terabyte of data with devices at home
- Dual Video Call- lets you make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what you are looking at during the call.
- Use with gloves and hand hovering over screen.
U.S. Cellular LTE coverage includes parts of Iowa, Wisconsin, North Carolina and Oklahoma, Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia. Other markets include Rockford, Ill., Medford, Ore., Yakima, Wash., and Knoxville, Tenn.