The update must installed using Kies software. The update is named Baseband version I717UCMD3. Be sure to backup your data before completing the update and make sure your battery is at least 50% charged. Installation will take a few minutes. you will not be able to make calls during the update process. Besides adding well-known Jelly Bean features, the update will also include a faster TouchWiz experience. New features include camera filters, low-light photo mode, an easy mode, call blocking, SWYPE keyboard, low light photo mode, video pause/resume and Pop Up Play sizing/resume.
Easy Mode is a simplified option for first-time smartphone owners, with large home screen widgets that focus on the device essentials.
Here's how to update your Galaxy Note via Kies:
- Connect your Samsung GalaxyNote to your PC or laptop using the supplied USB cable. Ensure that Kies recognizes your device by looking in the upper section of the left-bar navigation menu. Your device should be listed.
- Kies Device Once Kies recognizes the device you will see a screen stating new firmware is available.
- Click Update.
- Read through the Caution pop-up and, if you agree, click to populate the I have read all of the above information check box.
- Read the Allow saving of information statement and select Allow saving or Proceed without saving and then click Start upgrade.
- After a few minutes, Kies will then begin transferring the firmware binary to the device.
- Then after a while the upgrade is completed.
- If completed a data backup from your device to Kies prior to performing the update, you can now restore that data back to the device under the new Jelly Bean operating system.