Verizon and Motorola announced the Droid MAXX, Droid Ultra and Droid mini. The software is pretty much the same across the family of devices, the little differences will help you decide which member of the new Droid family you want to buy.
First off, it you are already a Droid user you will find the color schemes and styling familiar. You'll need Google account to get your Android going. Then you can decide on size, battery power and charging methods.The Droid MAXX is the powerful battery and more storage model of its latest Droid generation:
- The Droid MAXX and mini both offer wireless charging, therefore if you don't want to plug-in to charge your DROID, it makes a good choice.
- The 3500 mAh battery offers 48 hours of mixed usage, making it slightly thicker than the Ultra.
- Extended Battery Life - if you are a power user, streaming videos and use your Droid constantly the extra battery time is welcome.
- 32GB of onboard storage for more storage space than other models.
- Good for you if you don't made extra weight (4.94 oz)
- Release Date: August 20.
- The 4.3" screen is the size needed for one-handed operation that is sure to fit in a pocket.
- Wireless charging.
- 16GB of storage.
- 2000 mAh battery.
- Weighs 4.59 oz.
- You'll have to wait an extra week if you prefer a smaller Droid: Release Date August 29, 2013.
- Lowest priced Droid @ $99.99 with a contract.
- Super thin at 7.18, priced at $199.99
- Same 5" Touchscreen as Droid MAXX.
- 2130 mAh battery.
- Weighs 4.83 oz.
- Comes in red and black.
- Best for smartphone average users who doesn't like a lot of bulk.
All the Droid offers scratch resistance Gorilla Glass, HD (720x1280 pixels)AMOLED touchscreen, water repellent Nano-coating, Kevlar unibody, Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and Motorola X8 Mobile Computing System (1.7 GHz dual-core application processor, 400 MHz quad-core GPU, natural language processor, contextual computing processor), Power/Audio Management: PM8921
The Motorola system architecture has eight processor cores that only run when there’s work to be done. It has 4 graphics processor cores for clarity. 2 application processor cores for swift action and 2 low-power cores to be ready for commands.
All Droid have 10MP cameras, front-facing cameras, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.This Droid line was designed in the U.S.A and made in Asia.
All Droid Software Features:
- Gesture controls - Droid uses the accelerometer in the phone to detect motion, and checks the ambient light and proximity sensors to see if the phone’s out of your pocket. And, only then does it fire up the gyroscope to recognize that simple twist of your wrist that means you’re ready to shoot.
- Miracast technology lets you wirelessly mirror everything on the phone to an HDTV.
- ZAP media from Droid to Droid wirelessly. Everyone wants your pictures. Share photos and videos with your friends around you just by sweeping two fingers.
- Millions of songs streaming for FREE with a 6 month All Access subscription—only when you buy DROID ULTRA, MAXX, or MINI.
- Droid Command Center lets you quickly view information you need. See text-message and missed-call alerts along with battery level and weather details. Use it to easily access Wireless Display and Droid Zap setup, your alarm clock and other settings.
- Touchless Control lets you place phone calls, find directions or search for something, hands-free, even when the device is asleep.
- Active Display lights up a portion of your screen and displays notifications without even having to turn on your phone
- With Quick Capture, can take a photo by awake by quickly twisting your wrist and tap anywhere on the screen to snap a pic, or press and hold to capture an action sequence with rapid-fire shots.
- The Motorola active display on Droid fades updates on and off the screen as if whispering to you who is emailing, calling or texting. You’ll know which notifications need a response, and you can simply touch the display for more information.
- The Motorola X8’s contextual computing processor knows when Droid is in your pocket, bag or even face down, and the display only lights up the pixels it needs when you’re ready to look.
- Dedicated sensor for more light plus a 10MP for low light and to capture movement.
- Home screen as a viewfinder with no icons getting in your way. Intuitive gestures let you push to zoom; tap anywhere on the screen to take a shot or tap and hold to continuously shoot.
- Touchless voice control lets you make a call, look something up, or even set a reminder.
- Say “cheese” to snap photos. Just shake to wake and tap anywhere on the screen for a great shot.