The first Windows Phone 8 device from Sprint with iinternational roaming capabilities, ATIV S Neo goes on sale today from Sprint. The ATIV S Neo features a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, 16GB memory, 1GB of RAM, microSD memory card slot supporting up to 64GB (microSD card sold separately) and removable 2,000mAh lithium-ion battery for up to 14 hours talk time. Live Tiles provide the information you want at a glance, delivering the most personal smartphone experience possible.
It also has
- Dual cameras: 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and video capture and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera with external camera button that initiates the camera even if the phone is locked or sleeping.
- Sprint TV and Movies with more than 15 channels of live sports, live breaking news and full episodes of the most popular daytime, primetime and kids entertainment.
- Sprint Music Plus, a full-featured music store and player for music tracks, ringtones and ringback tones, including millions of DRM-free music tracks and tones updated daily.
- 3.5mm stereo headset jack.
- Microsoft Office Hub gives you read/edit access to popular Microsoft Office Applications.
- Full HTML Web browser with Bing Search.
- Near Field Communication (NFC).
- ATIV Beam makes it easy to share photos/music/video with other devices through NFC and Bluetooth.
The news release claims that parents will appreciate Kid’s Corner, a built-in second screen just for children only available on Windows Phone 8. Adults can curate the apps, games and content available in Kids Corner, while keeping their own smartphone world separate so they never have to worry about their child emailing their boss, buying apps or deleting pictures. Pandora and other popular apps for Windows Phone take advantage of this unique feature by automatically filtering out explicit content when running in Kids Corner.
The Samsung ATIV S Neo sells for $149.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement and $50 mail-in rebate via reward card.