There are 0ver 70,000 people in Barcelona at Mobile World Congress and many new smartphones and devices were announced. Some may not make to the United States but they do represent what we'll be seeing in the United States in the near future.
Previously, the big manufacturers made their announcements at MWC. Nowadays, vendors such as Samsung create their own big media events in New York such as the Samsung Galaxy S IV debut on March 14 in New York. Here's a round-up of devices launched during the show, followed by the specs of products.
The trends seen are bigger screens, quad-core processors, 13MP cameras and larger batteries. "Big Screen & Jelly Bean" Specs are followed by a marketing tag, review quote or catch phrase.
Low- Mid Range Phones/Smartphones
- Nokia 105 - make phone calls, SMS, FM radio, 8MB ROM, bright colors and preloaded games. "Durable and Affordable"
- Acatel One Touch Fire - Firefox OS, 1GHz Qualcomm processor, 3.2MP camera, microSD card slot. "Open Web standards for everyone."
- Nokia 520 - 4" (800x400) touchscreen(can used gloves), Windows 8. 5MP camera with smartshoot, 8GB storage, microSD slot, Nokia Music, bright cases and 1430mAh batter. "Have more fun."
- Nokia 720 - 4.3" WVGA touchscreen, microSD Slot, wireless charging, 8GB internal memory, 6.7Mp camera (LED flash), best front camera, 1GHz processor and microSD slot."Innovative approach to imaging- a Lumia for everyone."
- LG Optimus F5/F7 - The F series models are designed to "bring the speed of LTE to a mass audience."
- ZTE Open - Firefox OS, 3.5" screen, 3.2MP camera, 256MB RAM, 512MB storage,GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. "For young adventurers."
Phablets 5-5.7" Inches of Almost Tablets
- Huawei Ascend P2 - 5.7-inch 720×1280 TFT display, 1.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm 800 processor, a 13MP camer, front camera, 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, 3200 mAh battery, LTE, Android 4.1, Z Cloud service, - Q2 launch, Europe and China. "World's fastest phone."
- LG Optimus G Pro - 5.5" HD touchscreen 1920x1080 pixels (440ppi) (16:9) ratio, Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, 2GB RAM, microSD slot, 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 3140mAh removable batter, 13MP camera, 2.1MP front camera, QSlide, Quick Memo and Live Zoom. "Qualcomm's latest chip."
- ZTE Grand Memo - 5.7" 1280x720 touchscreen, Android 4.1.2, 13MP camera, .33" thin, 1.5GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 3200mAh battery, 16GB storage, 2GB RAM, Wi-Fi and LTE "Balance between ...handset and ... tablet."
- Alcatel One Touch Scribe - 5" 800x400 pixel touchscreen, 1.2 GHz dual-core processor, 5MP camera an stylus. "Enables people to express themselves in a new way."
- NEC Medias W Folding - has two 4.3" screen hinged to make a wide tablet. A concept formerly echoed by the by the Kyocera Echo in the past. "The grilled sandwich or bill-fold phone."