The awards presentation included the winners of 19 categories, covering Mobile Marketing and Advertising, Best Mobile Contribution to Social and Economic Development, the Green Mobile Awards, Mobile Personality of the Year, Mobile Innovation and Mobile Entertainment and at the evening event two highlight awards were presented, the Best Mobile Handset and the Chairman's Award for outstanding contribution to the growth and success of the mobile industry.
THE 2010 GLOBAL MOBILE AWARD WINNERS:
- Mobile Industry Personality of the Year as Voted for by the Media Winner: Steve Jobs, Co-Founder and CEO Apple .
- Best Mobile Handset or Device Winner: HTC - HTC Hero
- Best Mobile Game Winner: Iricom - The Last City - Fight For Your Life!
- Best Mobile Music Service Winner: Odyssey Music Group - Deezer
- Best Mobile Advertising or Marketing Winner: CLANMO GmbH and OgilvyOne - The IKEA PS Mobile Interior Planning Tool
- Best Mobile TV Service Winner: CBS Mobile - TV.COM
- Best Mobile Location Based Advertising Campaign Winner: R/GA - Nokia viNe
- Best Mobile Enterprise Product or Service Winner: Research In Motion - BlackBerry Enterprise Server v5.0
- Best Mobile Internet Service Winner: adaffix Gmbh - YELLIX
- Best Mobile Money Service Winner: Safaricom - M-PESA (bulk payment & utility bill) extension to service
- Best Use of Mobile for Social and Economic Development Winner: Grameen Foundation, MTN Uganda, and Google - The Grameen Foundation Application Laboratory (AppLab)
- Best Mobile Money for the Unbanked Service Winner: Zain Bahrain B.S.C - ZAP
- The Green Mobile Award for Best Green Programme, Product or Initiative Winner: VNL - VNL's solar-powered GSM base station
- Green Network Award Winner: Mocambique Celular S.A.R.L (mcel) - Eco Naturalmente (Naturally Thinking Green)
- Best Network Technology Advance Winner: SkyCross Inc - SkyCross iMAT (isolated mode antenna technology) Antennas
- Best Service Delivery Platform Winner: Huawei Technologies Co Ltd - Huawei SDP solution
- Best Billing & Customer Care Solution Winner: Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) - You Individual Optimal Tariff Plan
- Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough Winner: Orange - Mobile High Definition (HD) Voice
- Best Mobile Connected Device (non-handsets) Winner: Novatel Wireless Inc. - MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspot
- Government Leadership Award Winner: Kenya
- GSMA Chairman's Award Winner: Carl-Henric Svanberg, Former CEO of Ericsson and currently Chairman BP
Mobile Innovation Grand Prix
The global final of the GSMA's Mobile Innovation Grand Prix competition, part of the Global Mobile Awards, took place today at the Mobile World Congress. The Mobile Innovation Grand Prix competition showcases promising entrepreneurs from small and medium-sized companies bringing innovative new products, services and applications to market. Over the past year, four regional tournaments have taken place around the world and two finalists from each tournament competed today for the Mobile Innovation Grand Prix title. The winner, announced by Stephen Fry at today's awards presentation, is:
The Best Mobile Handset award is sponsored by Myriad, and the entertainment for the Congress Party & Awards Celebration party is sponsored by INQ Mobile. The Platinum sponsor for the Mobile Innovation Grand Prix competition is the Generalitat de Catalunya. RIM and Qualcomm also sponsor the Mobile Innovation Grand Prix competition and feed winning innovators from their own in-house competitions into the regional tournaments.