This Black Friday people will be searching in stores and on their mobile phones. Yahoo! and Nielsen's new "Mobile Shopping Framework" study shows that 9 out of 10 mobile internet users have accessed the mobile web while at a store and 51% of those users indicate that they make a purchase after doing mobile research.
Insights from the study include:
- 50% of in-store mobile web activity is related to shopping.
- 48% of in-store mobile users take and/or send a picture of a product to a friend or family member.
- On average, 16% of consumers use their mobile phones for shopping research, while 57% among mobile internet users and 41% among non-mobile Internet users expressed interest in using mobile phones for shopping research in the next 12 months.
- 1 in 5 mobile shoppers who have seen advertising during the shopping process say they always look at it.
- Consumers want mobile ads to include price, features, and benefits.
- 86% of mobile Internet users (and 92% of ages 13-24) are using their mobile phones simultaneously with TV.
A recent MMA study found that 59
percent of mobile consumers plan to use their mobile phone for holiday
shopping and for planning holiday celebrations.
Mobile smartphone Holiday shoppers will spend $127 Billion, reported IDC.