Just two days after it was leaked, it has now become official that AT&T will start selling the HTC Inspire 4G on February 13. It has a lot of firsts that the iPhone 4, from both Verizon and AT&T, does not have.
The HTC Inspire 4G will be the first smartphone on AT&T to:
- Run Android 2.2 and AT&T mobile hotspot.
- The 4.3-inch super LCD display on the HTC Inspire 4G will be the
largest of AT&T smartphone offerings.
- Offer the
next-generation HTC Sense experience with cloud services.
- First smartphone from HTC to use the 4G network (HSPA+ available in limited areas.)
- It is also the first 1GHz smartphone anywhere to launch at less than $100.
Features of the HTC Inspire 4G include an 8-megapixel camera with HD video recording.
Running on the Android 2.2 platform, the HTC Inspire 4G will include a 1GHz processor,
Dolby Mobile and SRS WOW HD sound, and a premium, aluminum
unibody design. HTC Inspire 4 comes preloaded with Blockbuster and
The HTC Inspire 4G will come loaded with Android 2.2, which will be updated to the Android 2.3 shortly after launch.
With the next generation of HTC Sense, the HTC Inspire 4G offers even
more ways to stay connected, including FriendStream, which delivers
Facebook, Twitter and Flickr updates in a consolidated view.
Inspire 4G can pinpoint the location of
a lost phone on a map and send a command to make the phone sound an
alert - even while on "silent" mode - through the htcsense.com website.
HTCSense.com also allows HTC Inspire users to:
- Forward calls/messages to another phone when you accidentally leave your phone elsewhere.
- Log in to HTCsense.com to remote wipe, lock your phone or to post a message.
- Manage all of your contacts and text messages from HTCsense.com.
- With one click, instruct your phone to ring loud even if its volume is set to low.
- If needed, owners can also remotely wipe all of the phone's data with a
single command in addition to forwarding calls and text messages to a
HTC Inspire 4G will cost $99.99 after a two-year agreement beginning Feb. 13.