The Galaxy Tab 8.9 debuted at an event in New York tonight which is on presale now and will be released on October 2 for $569 for the 32GB version and $469 for the 16GB version. With prices inline with other tablets, it clear why the so many bargain hunters are wishing that the HP TouchPad will make a comeback.
The Galaxy Tab 8.9 is built with a dual-core T250S processor, 8.9" WXGA TFT touchscreen (1280x800 resolution) fortified by Gorilla Glass. It features a 6100 mAh battery and weighing less than one pound (447 grams).
The Galaxy Tab 8.9 entertainment includes Samsung Media Hub, Music Hub, Readers Hub, and Social Hub: Other Features:
- AllShare service.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb.
- Rear and Front-facing cameras: The rear-facing 3-megapixel camera and front-facing 2-megapixel camera including flash and autofocus, 1080p video playback and full support of video chat and digital imaging.
- Polaris Office to view and edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Swype keyboard to type faster by swyping.
- Mobile Printing for wirelessly printing any compatible printer.
- Full support for Exchange ActiveSync version 14 and encryption.
- Cisco WebEx mobile conference solution for meetings on the go
- FindMyMobile allows the user to locate the device on a map, and track it live as it moves, remotely lock the device to prevent unauthorized access and delete personal information stored on the device.