Preorders for the Sprint iPhone 4S start tomorrow and presales for the iPhone 4 started today. In the past, when a carrier offered the iPhone for the first time the website had issues and/or it sold-out online.
There are no waiting lists, appointments or other methods to buy the iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S from Sprint which could mean an online onslaught with servers overloaded. So, how can you be sure to get an iPhone 4S from Sprint?
The Sprint website says, "While supplies last, we'll let you preorder iPhone 4 online only. Order today, we'll charge your card for your phone today and we'll do our best to get a shiny new iPhone in your hands Friday, October 14 or Saturday, October 15. "
Sprint will be the only carrier to offer new iPhones with unlimited non-throttled data.
Previously, our iPhone fanatic friends found that ordering online at the stroke of midnight (PDT or 3:00 AM EDT) or in the wee hours of the morning was the best time to get any hot new iPhone from Apple. We suspect that the same is true for the iPhone 4S at Sprint, if the demand is high.
Apple claims that iPhone 4S, is the most amazing iPhone with a dual-core A5 chip, new 8MP camera with 1080p HD resolution video recording, world phone support, two antenna, and Siri, voice commands.
iPhone 4S will be available from Sprint starting at $199.99 for the 16GB model, $299.99 for the 32GB model and $399.99 for the 64GB model. iPhone 4 will cost $99.99 for the 8GB model and is available beginning today. These prices require a new-line activation or eligible upgrade and two-year agreement.
Mobile hotspot service costs an additonal $29.99 a month for 5GB of data. Sprint will begin selling the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S in stores on Friday, October 14th.
iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 require activation on one of the Sprint Everything plans with Any Mobile, Anytime, including unlimited data, texting and calling to and from any mobile phone in America while on the Sprint Network.
Both iPhones ship with iOS 5, announced earlier this week. The new iOS 5 software has over 200 new features:
- Notification Center, an innovative way to easily view and manage notifications in one place without interruption
- iMessage, a new messaging service that lets you easily send text messages, photos and videos between all iOS 5 users.
- Find my Friends. You can see the current location of anyone that choose to share it with your friends.
- Built-in Twitter integration and iMessage, so you can instantly share your photos via Twitter directly from the Photos app and send photos via iMessage to individuals or groups.
- iCloud lets you synch all you photos, music, documents, and videos among iOS devices, Apple TV, Mac or PC wirelessly. When content changes on device all devices are updated automatically.