Here's the news that is too short to report:
- Virgin Mobile is offering 500MB of free data with the purchase of a Virgin Broadband2Go device to those who buy one by November 15 and activate by December 12.
- The Senate a voted no to a bill that would kill the FCC's power to regulate the internet.
- Common Sense Media and AT&T will collaborate on a variety of fronts, including opportunities to incorporate Common Sense reviews and ratings into AT&T services.
According to Yahoo! Mobile/Razorfish study:
- 58% of men are ‘fact checking’ on their mobile web browser while at a live sporting event, with nearly half (47%) checking out scores of other games and players.
- An overwhelming 90% said that multi-tasking on their smartphone (while watching live TV & commercials) was to communicate with others (via text or phone).
- Men are more likely to use their mobile device as a functional, all- in-one tool; whereas women are more likely to use it as an extension of the traditional phone, to update and connect with friends across their social networks on the go.
- Online purchases on smartphones are more popular with men (70% under 35 years) than with women (64% under 35 years).